Sound coming from handset, not headphonesAccessories

Last Updated:

1. galesy

galesy New Member This Topic's Starter

I bought my G1 from ebay and it came without headphones, so I bought a mini USB/3.5mm adapter. When I plug it in, sound still comes out of the handset instead of the earphones.

I did a reset to clear all apps and the problem persists. The earphones work on my laptop, so I know they're OK and if the adaptor was faulty, surely I would just hear no sounds.

Can anyone help?

Advertisement
  2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

You probably have a generic adapter ... Try to find the HTC variety .. I think there is pin used to let the phone know that headset is plugged in .. and turns off phone speaker ... the generic doesnt have this pin connected probably

HTC makes an adapter with three connections .. power, 3.5 MM, and data so you can do all three at the same time ...

Here is a Link >>>> http://store.phandroid.com/htc-3-in...ce=header&utm_campaign=top&utm_medium=js_b_v1

3. galesy

galesy New Member This Topic's Starter

Ah, I see. OK I'll give that a try. Thanks for your advise.

4. Burgleflickle

Burgleflickle Member

I had the same problem with my oem YC a-200 adapter. You need a headset toggle program. I recommend toggleheadset2. It costs a buck, but it'll definitely do the job. Just add the widget to the home screen, toggle it on, and you're good to go.

5. IAmBrandon

IAmBrandon New Member

Way old bump but I'm having the same issue, I have an HTC adapter that allows me to plug in normal 3.5mm headphones and charge the phone at the same time but it still plays the sound through the loudspeaker. I can charge the phone no problem with the adapter, just not listen through headphones

6. wha

wha New Member

when igo to listen to my music it playes out my handset instead of the headphones helppp!!