1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Sound control?

Last Updated:

1. Halloway

Halloway Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone know if there is an app which can enable you to change the sound settings on an Android G1? I finally got a headphone adapter yesterday and the sound quality of music was not very good. It might improve things if there were an equaliser or similar available. Does the API even allow that level of control?

Advertisement
  2. randel77

randel77 Well-Known Member

I just looked on my phone. It's just called volume control. when I got it through the market I thought it was called oi volume control though. That sucks you had "get" your adapter, mine came with my phone. I think the sound quality is very good although I wish there was an eq. If you swap out your head phones I recommend these. http://www.keenzo.com/showproduct.asp?M=SONY&ID=1247343&ref=GB

3. randel77

randel77 Well-Known Member

I believe the app is called volume control or oi volume control. It has no eq unfortunately. That sucks you had to "get" your adapter, mine came with my phone, hope you got it for free. Some sony earbud headphones ($20.00 range) will improve sound quality.

4. Halloway

Halloway Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the tip. No, I didn't get a free adapter and I only got my phone last week (in the UK.) I decided to buy one from eBay for a couple of quid just to same time and effort! I do actually use Sony earbuds so it's definitely the G1 which is lacking.

Perhaps I should get hold of the API and start hacking.:eek:

5. ChilledMatt

ChilledMatt Well-Known Member

Sounds to me that there may be a fault with your G1. The packaged buds are pretty nasty but with reasonable quality buds mine has very good sound quality.