Sound disappears when listening to music and a notification arrives.Support

Last Updated:

1. SpeedySilwady

SpeedySilwady New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all, long time lurker on these forums. I searched all over the place before I decided to ask about this:

How can I stop my G1 (v1.5 Cupcake) from muting when I get a notification as music is playing through headphones using the T-Mobile 3.5 Adapter? I have ample memory left, I just bought the adapter yesterday, and I never rooted the phone before. The sound totally mutes, and doesnt come back whenever I get a phone call or a text message or if i continue playing music. (I use the default music player). Any suggestions on how to solve this? Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. SpeedySilwady

Bump....anyone wanna give it a shot? Please? I really wanna be able to jam music with my g1 without having it permanently mute when I get a msg or call till I reboot it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks/

3. highlander411

highlander411 New Member

I also had the same problem.

Just found the answer. Program called Volume Control by Trystania

[​IMG]

Scan this with your bar scanner and it will open to the App from within the Market Place.

Description: All audible volume controls in one place. Automatically switches between settings for difference audio sources.

4. SpeedySilwady

Thanks but since then ive rooted and switched to cyanogen 4.02 rom hoping the problem would be solved but to no avail. I downloaded that app you mentioned and each time i got a text while listening to music the sound would disappear and the program would force close when i select it. But it starts up whenever the song isnt interrupted...

5. SpeedySilwady

Has anyone experienced this issue? Ive been looking all over the net and it seems like Im the only one whos posted about it.

6. Shambala

Shambala New Member

I have the same problem, cant figure it out

7. bramdroid

bramdroid New Member

I have the same problem. So at least you're not alone. I read somewhere that rooting the phone and downloading some media player upgrade from an HTC site might solve the problem. But I don't want to go thought the hassle of rooting my phone. And I think a relatively simple thing like listening to music and receiving a phone call when doing that should work ok.