Sound files showing twice.

Last Updated:

1. CalledFollower

CalledFollower Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just had a warranty swap out done on my droid. As soon as I got the new droid, I hooked it up to my computer flashed back to Android 2.0.1, and used Universal AndRoot to root the phone. After that I used Rom Manager to flash ClockworkMod, and then I installed a backup that I did on my previous Droid. Everything workd great. I'm back running CM 6.0 set up just as it was on my old phone.

The problem now is that when I go into settings to change a ring tone or a notification tone all the "stock" sounds are listed twice. I don't know how to remove the duplicate.

I've deleted system/media/audio, rebooted the phone and then I only had one of everything in the menus to choose a tone. This had a negative effect as it also deleted sounds for some other actions as well. So I moved a backup copy of audio back to system/media, and the duplicates are back.

I've searched with Root Explorer for various ringtone files, and have deleted files off my SDcard thinking it was pulling files from it, but that hasn't worked.

Any ideas where these files may be hiding. I know its probably something I'm overlooking, and is a simple fix.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Scottmc

Scottmc Well-Known Member

Ringtones will be loaded from any folder named ringtones anywhere on the SDCard regardless of depth and parent folders. So, for example, I can have /Media/Audio/Ringtones, another /Ringtones, and, yet another /SomeFolder/Ringtones. Any mp3 file living in those three paths (in this example) will be available for ringtones. Did you backup your ringtones folder somewhere on your SD card? I would do a find / -name Ringtones -type d.

3. CalledFollower

CalledFollower Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Your right. I had extracted a couple roms to pull a few files out of, and that was the problem. It seemed odd that This phone listed them, and they were there with my old phone and I didn't have any problems.

Thanks again!