• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sound issue with Pandora and navigation together

wmm

Android Enthusiast
Jan 5, 2010
I tried running navigation and Pandora together for the first time last night, just playing the audio over the built-in speaker (I don't have a way yet of connecting the Nexus One to my car's audio system). At first I was very pleased with the results: the voice prompts would interrupt the music for just long enough to say the directions, then the music would continue.

I wasn't paying much attention to the quality of the music -- the built-in speaker isn't all that great even in a quiet environment -- but a song came on that I know pretty well and I noticed that I was only hearing one channel out of the stereo (at least that's what I think it was -- I was missing a lot of the instruments I expected to hear in the piece, and I think it's because they were on the left channel and I was only hearing the right, or vice versa). I don't know if this was happening from the beginning or if it started after several nav prompts. I stopped the navigation and restarted Pandora, and the music sounded okay again.

Has anyone had this experience? I'll obviously try it again when I get the chance, hopefully when I can listen to it in real stereo instead of over the built-in speaker. If it's persistent, is this a Pandora problem or a Nexus One/Android 2.1 problem (i.e., where should I file a bug report)?

Thanks for any insight.

I can't say for Navigation under N1, as I'm still using a G1, but when I run Navigation, the system volume of my phone is jacked up to the max. Note that this isn't the media volume nor the ringtone volume. This volume affects the clicking sound when you interact with the phone, like starting an app.

Just some info that might help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones