Sound Issues on Droid ErisGeneral

Last Updated:

1. bluejay78

bluejay78 New Member This Topic's Starter

Every now and then, my sound will completely turn off on my droid. My phone will still vibrate when someone calls, but when I answer I hear nothing. When I call back, my phone shows a call in progress, but I don't hear a sound. This problem will also pop up when it comes to the music. The only way to fix it seems to be powering down and then back up. Is anyone else having this issue. If so, any remedies?

Advertisement
  2. DaSchmarotzer

DaSchmarotzer Blame it on me VIP Member

Welcome to the forums!

I moved your thread to the Eris subforum, where you're the most likely to get some information about your problem. ;)

Hope you sort it out.

3. thenestor

thenestor Well-Known Member

We've got a bunch of users either who have that problem or who previously had that problem and had their phone replaced with one that doesn't have that problem. Here's the major thread about it:

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-...en-phone-goes-silent-multiple-times-week.html

So far, the only solution is to take it to Verizon and have them replace it with a refurb (and hope that the refurb isn't also one of the affected phones). No one really knows what causes it, but we do know that it can happen on any version of Android 2.1 for the Eris, a reboot is the only way to remedy it when it happens, and a factory reset does not solve the problem. Since a factory reset doesn't solve it, Verizon should take the phone back and offer a replacement.