Sound issues with HDMI CableSupport

1. Cincy73

Cincy73 Active Member

I am using my Galaxy S3 HDMI cord with the new prong adapterfor my Galaxy S4. I plugged it in and tried it. The picture works great but I am only getting sound from my phone not the TV. And help would be welcomed. .

Advertisement
    :
  2. sincarafan

sincarafan Well-Known Member

I just did a little researching for you and it seems this is a very common problem right now especially on att and verizon phones that recently got a new update. Seems the update caused audio loss. Unfortunately I didn't see any solution.
  3. beowulf7

beowulf7 Well-Known Member

Cincy73 likes this.
  4. Cincy73

Cincy73 Active Member

I am using samsung hdtv adapter with the new pin adaption tip
  5. Cincy73

Cincy73 Active Member

I am on Verizon
  6. beowulf7

One of the reviewers says this adapter works for the S4. It's $10 + shipping on MonoPrice. I may get it.
  7. beowulf7

I think I'll give this cable a shot for HDMI on my S4.
  8. beowulf7

I tried out that MHL HDMI adapter on my SGS4 (product 10020 on MonoPrice.com) that I mentioned in my previous post. However, after connecting it up, including the USB plug into the OEM wall charger, when I enable screen mirroring on my phone, I get the message "No device found".

My TV doesn't have native MHL support (it's a lower end LCD TV from a few years ago), I thought this cable would do it he trick. Is there something else I need? Forget about sound issues that the OP was/is having, I'm not even getting a picture.

Technically, I'm going through an Onkyo A/V receiver, but even when plugging directly to the TV's HDMI input, I don't get anything on the TV. TIA.

Edit: A couple other products I may try are:
    http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=108&cp_id=10833&cs_id=1083314&p_id=8675&seq=1&format=2
    http://www.monoprice.com/Product/?c_id=108&cp_id=10833&cs_id=1083314&p_id=9716&seq=1&format=1