sound notifications for text and email HELP???Support

Last Updated:

1. Buckeye Boy

Buckeye Boy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

When i go into both individual settings for text and email it allows me to change the sound notification but it wont save it. :confused: i can change it and then back out of it and if i go right back into it, it keeps defaulting back. it wont save the sound i am changing it to??????? HELP?:confused:

Advertisement
  2. adamfattah

adamfattah Member

I'm in your shoes.. i know it sucks :/ I wish i could have diff notifications for personal email/text/work email.

3. esn

esn Well-Known Member

I have no issues with mine at all you might want to call customer service.

4. Drambuie

Drambuie Active Member

Did you change the settings for each individual account?

I just discovered that e-mail notifications for gmail and "other" accounts are set separately. I wanted to turn off email notifications. I went into settings in the main phone settings and chose "silent" which stopped the notifications for my Comcast account but I kept getting the "Droid" sound when I got an email to my gmail account. I opened gmail, hit menu button, choose settings and then chose "silent" and now i don't get any notifications anymore.

This is my first smart phone and I'm trying to learn as much as I can.

Linda Yates likes this.
  5. Buckeye Boy

Buckeye Boy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

:confused:
    ok...can you walk me through it step by step?
    i am able to set my text sound notifications , but my 2 email accounts i can change.
    i have a work email and a personal email. i go into each seperatly into settings and it allows me to change them, but not to save them. it shows it being changed but then i back out into the homescreen and go back into settings and it keeps defaulting back???? can you help, what am i doing wrong here?

6. svensett

svensett Well-Known Member

Have you installed any apps that have control of sounds? I had an issue with one app that I forgot I installed overriding settings I was trying to change.

7. mfg02

mfg02 New Member

I would like to know how to do this also, actually I would love to figure out how to silent all notifications and just have it vibrate. I would love if I could get my text message and email notifications to be vibrate only, and still have my sound on for rings. Any clue on this???