• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help sound notifications for what?

zeusdo

Lurker
Nov 16, 2010
I've had my Galaxy S3 for about 2 months now and I love it except one thing. I keep getting sound notifications several times a day, but I don't know what it is for. There is nothing on the the notification bar and I have a different sound play for email and text messages. It's driving me crazy, does anyone know what it could be?

I've had my Galaxy S3 for about 2 months now and I love it except one thing. I keep getting sound notifications several times a day, but I don't know what it is for. There is nothing on the the notification bar and I have a different sound play for email and text messages. It's driving me crazy, does anyone know what it could be?

I had a similar issue with mine, but for me, it happened when I put it in my purse. Eventually, it dawned on me that the NFC chip was trying to communicate with my transit card. Could something similar be happening in your case?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones