Sound on for priority contacts?Tips

1. jmatteis

jmatteis Well-Known Member

I usually have my phone muted when I'm home but want to hear an alert from a specific contact. How can I do this? My old iPhone had this feature where certain contacts would be heard even when the phone was silent.

Advertisement
    :
  2. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste Guide

Hi

Most Samsung phones have a blocking mode which can be set up with exceptions:

menu
    system settings
    blocking mode - its fairly obvious after that

(not certain 100% as I dont have an S5) :)

Roger
  3. jmatteis

Thanks. I don't see that. I have added a contact to a priority contact but it doesn't ring through still. Just places them at the top.
  4. jmatteis

I found blocking mode but that's not what I want. I want basically to be notified with sound for certain contacts even if my phone is muted. Blocking blocks everything.
  5. girolez

Hi again

In blocking mode (scroll down?) there are allowed contacts which you specify, their calls/texts will get through with notifications

Roger
  6. jmatteis

Okay. With sound though? I know it will still popup or show as received but didn't know if it will override silent mode. I thought blocking meant blocking all messages during a certain time period or from all contacts unless you specify who gets through. I don't want to have to turn on blocking then go through and authorize everyone of my contacts.
  7. smith058

smith058 Guides Guide

Well you can do it backwards... It might be a bit tedious but it will work... go into each contact that you don't want to make any noise and choose "none" or "vibrate" in the custom ring tone settings
  8. JD76ers

JD76ers Member

There are apps called "My VIP Calls", "Criti Call" and another "Nights Keeper" in the play store that may fit what you are looking to do. I haven't used either so not sure how well they work.
    Good luck
  9. girolez

Hi

The app called essential calls also appears to do what you want

Roger