Sound Profiles and Haptic FeedbackSupport

Last Updated:

1. raidscsi

raidscsi Member This Topic's Starter

I know this may already be included in one of the 500 battery life posts but I could not find a post dedicated the the haptic settings themselves.

The HTC Incredible has 3 sound profiles; Normal, Silent, and Vibrate. Under normal you can change all the settings. However under Silent, and Vibrate these settings are all greyed out. How do I permanently disable all haptic anything, anytime? (I would prefer to keep the haptic for the dial pad but I would rather not have it at all if I had to choose.)

Are there any good programs that can create custom sound profiles like my WinMo 6 phone could do nativly? Also I still want the phone to vibrate on calls/texts.

HTC cheaped out on a tiny vibrator, its nice that they intended to have it vibrate every time you touch the screen, but I don't want that. I know they had size and power requirements in mind when they picked the vibrator but its not nearly strong enough. I miss calls when mowing or doing other things where I cannot hear the phone. Is there any way to boost its strength, or increase the duration of notifications?

I don't care if it involves rooting the phone, there are a few other things that I want to do that I will have to root to get anyway.

Thanks ahead of time for reading my partial rant. I typed this on my phone and every time the phone vibrated I lost a part of my soul.

Advertisement
  2. raidscsi

Shameless self bump.

This post talks about programs that can create custom profiles, but none of them seem to have the ability to control the haptic settings. They are more focused on creating custom sound levels or specific ringtones/notifications for different events.

Does anyone know how to turn off the Haptic Feedback on the HTC Incredible?

3. raidscsi

Solution.
    Settings>Language & Keyboard>Touch Input>Text Input: Vibrate when typing

Dial Pad still has the haptic feedback just like I wanted. All other buttons are haptic free :) I knew the setting was somewhere.