Sound quality and signal sucks on the EPICSupport

Last Updated:

1. dannieboiz

dannieboiz Member This Topic's Starter

I'm getting dropped calls left and right on this damn phone. Everything else about it is perfect but what's a phone when you can barely use it to talk?

Does anyone think this would be an easy fix or the EVO is the way to go?

Advertisement
  2. ercsliberty

ercsliberty Member

perfect here. no dropped calls

3. sloheim

sloheim Well-Known Member

You can talk on these things too? Who knew? :)

Seriously, I haven't had any dropped calls either. Sound quality has actually been very good.

4. Flaspeneer

Flaspeneer Well-Known Member

Are you getting dropped calls in different locations or in one primary location (such as your home, office or both)?

Do the drops occur primarily indoors or both indoors and outdoors?

5. iBleedBlackNgold

iBleedBlackNgold Well-Known Member

on epic #2 ive had dropped calls .. even had the phone reboot while in the middle of calls.

6. dannieboiz

dannieboiz Member This Topic's Starter

It's kind of random, on the road and at locations that I've never had drop calls before. I don't even remember if I had this many drop calls in the past with any of my phone. I'm in an area where sprint signal is pretty much 4 bars most of the time. Funny is that in my bedroom I get 1 bar in my living room I get 4 bars.

Which to me seems that the design of this phone reception is easily interfered?

7. earldom

earldom New Member

I switched from AT&T and the iPhone. I constantly got dropped calls with AT&T, and haven't had 1 with Sprint. I don't understand how people say they love their iPhones but say they always drop calls...

8. Nagual

Nagual Member

Not an Epic owner yet (just researching it). Has the latest update improved phone signal stability or power for anyone? I live in an area with weak Sprint reception unfortunately. I am on forced roam on the current phone, and unfortunately the Epic AFAIK doesn't allow that.

9. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

No dropped calls on my Epic at all. Sound quality is amazing. When I'm on speaker phone mode the other person can't even tell that I'm on speakerphone.

This is a huge improvement from the Moment's speakerphone capabilities.

The speakerphone is as good as my Blackberry, which is amazing.

10. daddyd302

daddyd302 Well-Known Member

My first Epic had drop calls left and right all outside all with 4 or more bars. No drop calls yet on 2nd Epic, but signal strength still sucks. It's still going up and down and can never seem to get a lock on the signal. Even airplane mode won't help. Only good news is, it's not totally dropping the signal and picking it up again like the first Epic.

The sound quality is pretty nice, alot louder and clearer then the my old Evo. My only issues besides the signal is it's seems to lag alot more then my first Epic. Those two issues I can live with for now. I'm pretty sure froyo will fix the lag issue.

11. vlad_d

vlad_d Member

I haven't experienced a single dropped call on the epic. I also think the voice quality is better than the evo I previously had. I don't think the signal is as strong as it was on the evo, but it doesn't seem to affect the call quality.

12. Nagual

Nagual Member

Interesting responses, thanks.

Is there a way to perma/force roam on the Epic 4G? Or is this something that requires rooting? It could potentially save my bacon when I'm forced to take or receive calls at home--otherwise I'm afraid I may need an Airave or have to pray Sprint are actually upgrading the network around here (skeptical).

13. GUARDiAN921

GUARDiAN921 Member

Have had the Epic for nearly a month and haven't experienced a single dropped call that was due to my end. Only had one dropped call and it was due to the person on the other line losing complete signal (T-Mobile). Sound quality is GREAT, leaps and bounds greater than my previous phone.

14. blueShift

blueShift New Member

No dropped calls here. Great signal hold, too. It's the camera...can't turn the dang thing off.

15. radcloser

radcloser New Member

I'm in Beaverton, OR. I am on my second Epic 4G. The first one which I got 6 days ago was dropping calls frequently, challenged voice quality (earpiece) and intermittent GPS lock. I exchanged the phone for a replacement yesterday. The new one still has challenges getting a good signal. I am assuming there is a problem with the radio section of this phone. I carry 2 phones with Sprint (one for personal and one for work). The other one is a Motorola Photon. It has had zero problems with signal. Therefore, I am convinced this is not related to Sprint towers but the phone itself. I really hope there is a fix for this because I otherwise love this phone.