Sound stuck in Headphone modeSupport

Last Updated:

1. ejl2010

ejl2010 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I was using Tunewiki to listen to some music with my headphones and I unplugged it since I walked into my place. But now all the sounds are super quiet as if it was coming out of the headphones still, even when it's not there.

You think it's a problem with the program cuz now I dont' know how to get the sound back without restarting, but that seems like a pain if it happens all the time!

Also it's NOT on silent

This happened to anybody?

Advertisement
  2. kabbie_mcfeely

kabbie_mcfeely Well-Known Member

It could be that you didnt stop the song then pull the headphones. That happened to me the other day on my G1 using Pandora. I just restarted the phone and all was well.

3. ejl2010

I thought that might have been the cause but the next time I was careful to stop the song and then unplug it. Yet, the problem still arose. If that's going to happen I guess I won't use Tunewiki, but I dislike the default player

4. darth_cholo

darth_cholo Active Member

There is a known bug that makes audio get stuck ou the handset disabling the speaker. Rebootinh fixes it.

5. ejl2010

Oh what a pain. Does it seem to happen more with certain apps like Tunewiki, or it's prevalent everywhere?

6. mgrose1972

mgrose1972 New Member

Agreed. I have experienced it multiple times and a shutdown and reboot is the only way to fix it.

7. zhobbs

zhobbs Member

TuneWiki doesn't touch the audio routing, so I do not think it's TuneWiki doing it. I've experienced this problem after using Visual Voicemail though, as that app reroutes the audio through the headset.

8. japus

japus Active Member

I know this is an old thread but I am having this same issue. This seams to happen with different audio apps, Pandora, Droid Live and others. Is there another way to remedy this without rebooting?