• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Soundfiles Quit after Installing Mixzing Update

Flaspeneer

Sep 5, 2010
Uneasily, I allowed the latest Mixzing update to install. I just had a feeling I shouldn't but was responding to a text when I received the prompt. Immediately afterward, I found that sound files (mp3s, etc.) would suddenly quit after playing for thirty or forty seconds. I hastily uninstalled Mixzing, only to find that every music player I try now produces the same result. Has anyone else experienced this? How would you go about troubleshooting without reverting to your last backup, if possible?

And now, of course, my soundfiles are playing normally (though I can't check FLAC with the stock player). Two nights of reboots and charges and only now, for whatever reason, is my music player behaving.

Something I've noticed: the phone seems to be calling up the Amazon mp3 app and Pandora to do searches for the music I'm already playing. Could the combination of forced searches and Juice Defender/Task Killer have caused the force quits? Mixzing is a pushy, ad-mounting app. I'm wondering whether Android is at all like Linux, and Mixzing created associations that are time-consuming to trace and eradicate.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones