• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Soundgate M2 quest

jr1125

Android Enthusiast
Aug 17, 2010
i was wondering would you be able to mount your X so that you can use it in portrait and landscape mode when you want and how?

also how easy or hard is it if after youve positioned everything and want to take the mount out of your vehicle to remove the mount?

Ordered mine M2 yesterday, will let you know when I get it :) My quest is to have M2/MegaGrip combo ;) I have an additional T-Tab for my MegaGrip which uses a screw instead of ball joint connector. I want to figure out if I can connect MegaGrip with a screw to M2's swivel head. Would be ideal since I prefer less-intrusive MegaGrip versus metal disc attachments to the back of my DX/case. But I will not know for sure until I get M2. BTW from my other post, you can still get M2 for $4.99 with "woot" discount from wiredforless.

Upvote 0
Got my M2 yesterday, installed and tested it today :) Will post pics later.

By far this is the cleanest and less bulky DX mounting setup I have seen/tested so far, and its also one of the cheapest one. As long as you follow instructions correctly and wipe and wait a few minutes for surface to dry out before applying anchor disk to the phone and mounting base to the car - it should stick dead on. I have Luxmo TPU soft gel case and there is no problem for a disk to stick and stay on. I also prefer it over the magnet, such as XWay, so it will not pull on the case when you remove the phone even with twisting. This one is simple, dock the phone and twist it to lock it. Remove the same way, don't need to pull anything, just rotate the phone to unhook it and to pull it out.

Regarding taking mount out of the car and damaging your dash, well its a VERY STRONG 3M double sided tape piece. I placed mine on the plastic edge of my car audio/climate control cluster, and I'm pretty sure it will leave a mark once removed. If you are placing it on the dashboard exposed to the sun/heat, the leftover after removal could be messier. But it would be the same if you are placing one of those dashboard discs for suction cup mount. Vent mount is the cleanest attachment, but in a lot of cars where vent rib rotates horizontally it will not work.

As much as being a huge fanboy of Arkon because it doesn

Upvote 0
Got my M2 yesterday, installed and tested it today :) Will post pics later.

By far this is the cleanest and less bulky DX mounting setup I have seen/tested so far, and its also one of the cheapest one. As long as you follow instructions correctly and wipe and wait a few minutes for surface to dry out before applying anchor disk to the phone and mounting base to the car - it should stick dead on. I have Luxmo TPU soft gel case and there is no problem for a disk to stick and stay on. I also prefer it over the magnet, such as XWay, so it will not pull on the case when you remove the phone even with twisting. This one is simple, dock the phone and twist it to lock it. Remove the same way, don't need to pull anything, just rotate the phone to unhook it and to pull it out.

Regarding taking mount out of the car and damaging your dash, well its a VERY STRONG 3M double sided tape piece. I placed mine on the plastic edge of my car audio/climate control cluster, and I'm pretty sure it will leave a mark once removed. If you are placing it on the dashboard exposed to the sun/heat, the leftover after removal could be messier. But it would be the same if you are placing one of those dashboard discs for suction cup mount. Vent mount is the cleanest attachment, but in a lot of cars where vent rib rotates horizontally it will not work.

As much as being a huge fanboy of Arkon because it doesn

Upvote 0
Here you go! First two with a pic of the disc from the back and in profile. Others pics in my car, first with a base, than with mount on top, and than phone. For NAV/GPS it will be in horizontal, but I can also keep it vertically.

m2gate-p1.jpg

m2gate-p2.jpg

m2gate-p3.jpg

m2gate-p4.jpg

m2gate-p5.jpg

Reactions: jr1125
Upvote 0
nice. also i emailed Brian from wiresforless on the removal and this is what he said

"Good morning,

It should come off without damaging your car. Use a dull putty knife or plastic spatula and try to dig a bit under the adhesive (be careful here not to damage your dash or console). Once you get a bit of separation, keep applying pressure and it should come off.

If you want to mount it in another car, I sell a re-installation kit on my website.

Good luck and thanks!

Brian Carlsness

brian@wiredforless.com"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones