SoundHound really destroys Shazam.

1. TheBiles

TheBiles Well-Known Member

Seriously, it isn't even a contest. Highly recommended to anyone.

Advertisement
    silliybilly likes this.
  2. MisterMixelpix

MisterMixelpix Well-Known Member

True, but at five bucks I'm not sure everyone's gonna want to spend the cash.
  3. TheBiles

You get what you pay for.
  4. jwmacdon1231

jwmacdon1231 Well-Known Member

I'd love to try it but since updating to FRF83 I can't download certain apps.
  5. gabbott

gabbott Well-Known Member

Oh wow, just tried it, you can hum a song and it will identify it!
  6. TheBiles

It's singing recognition (when you sing, not the song) is surprisingly accurate too!
  7. Cudda

Cudda Well-Known Member

Why is it 5 bucks on Android but free for the iPhone?
  8. TheBiles

Probably the same reason that Shazam has a paid iPhone version and is totally free on Android.

-------------
    Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk Pro.
  9. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

Midomi seems to be its free cousin.

Even though it's been discontinued and is called "NOT_USED" when you install it ... it still works okay! :)
  10. silliybilly

silliybilly Well-Known Member

You better look a little closer. It has the same 2 versions for iPhone as it does for Android. The free version for the iPhone only allows 5 tags a month, same as Android. And both platforms have a $4.99 versions which allow unlimited tags!
  11. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

A friend showed me SoundHound a few months ago and I bought it INSTANTLY!!! As cool as I *thought* Shazam was, there's just no comparison.
  12. mrsbelpit

mrsbelpit Well-Known Member

I opened Soundhound today to buy the version that gives you unltd song ID's only to find that the free version has been changed to unlimited! This app rocks.
  13. lennyjew

lennyjew Well-Known Member

I think the paid version just nets you ad free app and widget. Don't care about the widget and "Ad Free" app takes care of the ads. Downloading now.
  14. beer-in-box

beer-in-box Well-Known Member

Man, I gotta say, this is really good. I installed it, and played a song. Song was a singer who is barely known nationwide. But it identified it! A local singer... And it found it!
    Perfect.

And isn't it free? I didn't pay anything, am I using a crack or something? Please let me know.
  15. lennyjew

lennyjew Well-Known Member

There's a free and a paid version, and it seems they just made the free version have unlimited tagging. You just have to put up with ads and lack of widget.

Those are the only things missing that I can tell so far.