Source code released

1. yzviper

yzviper Member

Advertisement
    :
  2. raiderleaf

raiderleaf Well-Known Member

I posted in the following thread where this guy has made all of the rooting thus far for the Note 2 for other carriers:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1957155

I don't know if he's started on the Verizon one, I'll PM him and I'll be sure to post your link in the PM and in the thread.

Cheers folks, let get this rooted!
  3. yzviper

yzviper Member

As this is my first Android, I've got alot of learning to do before I even attempt to root. Those xda guys have plenty of time as far as i'm concerned. I'm sure i'll be cracking away before long.
  4. serpa4

serpa4 Well-Known Member

Need root to get rid of the VZW wifi notifications and add the wifi toggle to the drop down settings. Stupid VZW.
  5. suXor

suXor Well-Known Member

I don't get these notifications on my Note II. I disabled it in the Wi-Fi settings.
  6. roy5000x2

roy5000x2 Well-Known Member

Can't wait for a list of bloatware that's safe to freeze.
  7. serpa4

serpa4 Well-Known Member

Is yours a Verizon model? I just got mine 10 minutes ago and no sim card. Need to go to the store.
  8. Raptor007

Raptor007 Well-Known Member

Good find and hopefully root isn't more than a day or two away. Need to debloat my N2 and rock and roll. Love the phone and the size is great, just wish we had a 32GB variant, WTF.
  9. serpa4

serpa4 Well-Known Member

Yes, it is there. Dam vzw.
  10. suXor

suXor Well-Known Member

Oh, you guys are talking about the ongoing notification about Wi-Fi? Yeah, I just ignore it...
  11. sudbury78

sudbury78 Active Member

looking forward to the removal of bloat junk and really really wish we had the touchwiz calendar widget back. F vzw
  12. flip06

flip06 New Member

yea, cant wait for a good root method and CM10 to come out for this phone. had the Thunderbolt before and loved not having to deal with the bloatware and CM7 rocked! does anyone know or have heard of CM10 coming to the note 2 any time soon? ive only seen the cm10 for the n1700 note 2. ???
  13. admiral ackpoux

admiral ackpoux Well-Known Member

Once we get all of that root goodness on our phones roms should be easily altered to work with our phones, as well as the CM team should whip one up. But time will tell, hopefully soon.Not having root is killing me.
  14. sudbury78

sudbury78 Active Member

As a noob, can we just root and remove all the bloatware and add the wifi toggle and remove the lame wifi notification without using a new rom?
  15. aznkp

aznkp Member

once rooted you can remove the annoying wifi notification. this is the s3 hack which works for verizon note 2

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1770622

bloatware. u can use titanium backup to eliminate those too, but be careful because sometimes it can go wonky. create backups whenever possible :)
  16. PhilosoRaptor

PhilosoRaptor Well-Known Member

Does this WiFi notification toggle mod work on the Note 2 too? So once you get rid of the persistent WiFi notification, you can still easily toggle WiFi like Samsung intended. Not sure if you can flash .zips on the Verizon Note though since I don't think there's a custom recovery for it yet (since the bootloader is still locked/signed :mad:). Maybe there's another way to do it from within the OS?

It reeeeally irks me that Verizon messed with the Note 2 this much. It may not seem like much to some people, but it's enough to highly annoy me. I'm going to get an international back cover for mine (if that fits) and replace/cover that home button too. That crap is ridiculous. If it wasn't for Verizon's superior network coverage/service and me keeping unlimited data, I would be leaving them ASAP.