Source for a sleeve case?Tips

Last Updated:

1. kingsqueak

kingsqueak Active Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone know a source for a simple leather or other sleeve case for the Moment?

Something like the basic Blackberry 8330 sleeve preferrably with a notch to easily grab it.

I always carry my phone in my pocket and something to keep lint out of the phone and prevent scratches is all I need.

Advertisement
  2. SirCheese

SirCheese Well-Known Member

3. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

I read one thing on that: snap on. I'm already disliking it. The first one I tried broke my phone, so no thanks. I'll look for a leather case, might get one. Ruined a screen protector in my pocket today (the one on my phone). It rubbed against my keys which were forced on it by a pack of gum that was also in my pocket (I forgot to put the phone in my right pocket =X) Now it looks like it's covered in what appears to grease on half the screen, but when you feel it, it's like it was rubber on by really fine sand paper. And it's fuzzy to see through. :-(

4. thepinkc

thepinkc Well-Known Member

5. kingsqueak

Hahah, yeah that's exactly what I mean, but heh, not even close to a style I'd like.

Plain black leather would be ideal.

But that's the idea.

Actually it would be pretty funny at 6'5" 280, to pull out a pink and green moment 'cozy' ...I'll keep it on the list.

6. speciala106

speciala106 Active Member

I had the same idea as you, so i bought this case

- $5.99 Samsung SPH-M900 Moment Universal Vertical Soft Pouch Case - Black Universal Vertical Soft Pouch Case - Black Universal Vertical Soft Pouch Case - Black [UNILEA148] : BargainCell.com - Bargain Cellular Phone Accessories

unfortunatly its way too small but i did purchase this one

- $4.99 Samsung Sprint Moment M900 Silicon Skin Rubber Soft Case - Black Samsung Sprint Moment M900 Silicon Skin Rubber Soft Case - Black Samsung Sprint Moment M900 Silicon Skin Rubber Soft Case - Black [SAMLEA400] : BargainCell.com - Bargain Cellula

and although it adds a bit of bulk and seems cheaply made,it does protect the phone and it doesnt snap on to the phone at all but instead has a clear plastic bezel that acts as a slider on the top and bottom of the phone, if u look closely at the pic youll see what i mean.

7. GeorgeOTC

GeorgeOTC New Member

8. pickup1

pickup1 Well-Known Member

ebays going to be you best/cheapest bet!

9. kingsqueak

10. GeorgeOTC

GeorgeOTC New Member

Just got it in and fits great. Just is slightly shorter than the moment so a very small part of the top sticks out but fits nice otherwise. Give easy access to both the headphone and usb ports as well. Comes with removeable belt clip which is why i got it in the first place since I just wanted to keep it in my pocket, so highly recommend especially for the price. Also comes in all black as well if you prefer that

11. kingsqueak

Yeah awesome, thanks again.

Just wanted to protect from keys and other things in my pocket or while it's lying on a table etc. Perfect. My Blackberry still looks like new after two years of daily use, just because I made a habit of keeping it in its sleeve. Never bothered with screen protectors and all that.

12. GeorgeOTC

GeorgeOTC New Member

I did basically the same with my Instinct, just was in such a habit of using the sleve and wanted something like it without a clip. Nice to have the option availible though I suppose but glad I could help since took me a while to find it also. Most I would find in stores that said they would work were way to tight.

13. Thefoodman52

I just ordered that, might as well. It's still under 'president's day sale'. I'll take advantage of that, even though it's past that date... I think.... *could be wrong, don't know my holidays*

14. Thefoodman52

Update on the little sleeve thing listed: it got in today, and it's a good fit. So far, it is a good bit thicker, but it's well worthwhile.

On a side note, it's a tight fit in the sleeve, and it makes the phone stick out while in my pocket. Other than that, I'd reccomend it.

I would still like to find something like the thin little leather sleeve the Palm Pre comes with. That seems the best and thinnest way to get what I want: simple screen protection while its in my pocket. This will do for now, and for $10 it's worth it.

The packaging is kind of misleading as well... it's a picture of the iFail on it, yet with my sister's in it, it's very loose and slides out. I kind of lol'd a bit at this.

15. kingsqueak

Got mine today finally...

It's exactly what I wanted, will keep the screen protected well. It's a tight fit, but it should break in. Took the Blackberry case a while to get broken in too.

Definitely a bit on the thick side, but I'm big and always wear jeans anyway so it isn't an issue.

16. sdho

sdho Member

17. Jedi Neo

Jedi Neo Member

Due to the positive reviews posted here, I just pulled the trigger and ordered a Cellet Bergamo Case myself. Heck under $10 after shipping and tax is one heck of a deal. :D

18. kingsqueak

Bad news on the case fit. It's tight enough it pushed the buttons and even locked it killed my battery dead in five hours yesterday.

19. Jedi Neo

Jedi Neo Member

Man, that sucks to hear. Do you think over time the case will stretch enough so it wouldn't be a factor?

20. kingsqueak

yeah, not really sure. Looking at it more carefully not sure it would clear the buttons.

I'm using the microfiber pouch that came with a pair of sunglasses for now.

21. Fury

Fury Member