• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Source of poor battery life (not let's fix it)

After I rooted my Hero. and install CM6.1. I'm in love all over again. Blazing fast, Interface eye candy, Apps that really perform up to standards like Rom Manager, apps2sd, Spare Parts, Superuser, etc. It even fix my drop calls problem. No more lags,

But battery was still an issue. After reading this threat I started to check for things that might suck my battery's blood like a vampire in front of a bloody person. Of course the messaging was one of them, but I also found that my wifi was sucking 99%. My wifi is on all the time. Never though of tuning the wifi off since i purchased the phone. And also the GPS was consuming battery like the energizer bunny. So Hopefully this will fix the issue, if not I'll be back in no time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones