• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] Sourcery 4.2.1 Pre-Release Thread

Steven58

Former Heavyweight Champion of AF-Early Bird Club
Feb 19, 2010
USA
I'm on it and it the best 4.2 for gnex I've seen with regard to features. So, head over to irc.freenode.net to get the d/l link.

My initial review is that it's worthy of the sourcery name, which means quality to me.

been on it since last night. overall great 4.2.1 rom.

couple things i noticed, the landscape transition of the lock screen is kinda sluggish and battery is so so. had phone calls hang up immediately after i dialed. rebooted to solve. the signal and bluetooth went in and out a few times too.

of course it's a test build. just wanted to give the devs some input.

it has a buttload of features, nice work, looking forward to the official release.

Upvote 0
#2 is the best 4.2.1 rom. I've tried all. Nothing's close.

****NEVER JUDGE BATTERY UNTIL AFTER AT LEAST A DAY'S USE OF SAID ROM*****

All: the place to report bugs for pre release is the irc channel...it doesn't do much good here, ty.

Upvote 0
I used the download latest Gaap feature. I'm manually downloading 1130. The error was a popup saying Google wizard has stopped and it wouldn't go away. The weird thing is that now root explorer only sees a few directories. It won't see gallery or downloads folder. I guess I will try again.

Upvote 0
Jb 4.2 has a new file structure to accommodate multiple users. This is the new normal:eek:
I don't know where the demand came from for multiple profiles, either. If the majority of mobile Android devices are phones, do people really share those?

A tablet I can more understand, but unless they're trying to get ahead of the game, the necessity has been lost on me.:thinking:

Upvote 0
I have tried multiple 4.2.1 ROMS now - and they all create another 0 folder. So at the moment I have 6 0 folders. It's ridiculous. TiBu doesn't know wtf to look. GRRR

Trying this out later. Looking forward to it. Thx for the heads up
Update your recovery and that issue will be solved. Multiple/0 folders is due to the recovery not understanding the multiple user ability of 4.2

Reactions: mtbhk44
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones