Space bar and auto correct keyboard problems

1. thejoe77

thejoe77 New Member

Here is a copy of an email I sent to dexilog (maker of smart keyboard pro) that I sent over a month ago with no reply:

"I have been using Smart Keyboard Pro 4.6.1 for several months now and I like it better than any other keyboards with the exception of a problem I've been having regarding the subject of this email. example... if I intend to type "what is the weather like" I can end up with "whatbisnthe weather like". As you can see I am hitting keys b and n (as well as others in the row above the space bar) instead of the space bar and the spell check doesnt pick up the errors. Is there a setting or settings I can configure to correct this very annoying problem? I am using a samsung galaxy s2x."

Or is there another keyboard that would correct this problem. I think I may have tried them all but maybe I missed one. The keyboard is the only thing I miss from my iphone. I would have thought that with the bigger screen the S2 would have been easier to type with but that is not the case. It's not even close. Please help!

Advertisement
  2. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums Joe. :hello:

I don't know how to fix your problem, but if you haven't tried SwiftKey 3 I highly recommend it.
  3. thejoe77

thejoe77 New Member

Thanks for the reply. I already purchased and tried swiftly and had the same problems. Am I the only one who has this problem?? Very frustrating!
  4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

I don't think any keyboard takes into account that you missed spaces. Not even sure if programs on PCs are able to do this. Spellcheck algorithms work by looking at the sequence of letters. A mistyped letter is taken into account that you may just be writing a word that is not in the product dictionary, so they don't do anything about such instances.
  5. Stuntman

Stuntman Well-Known Member

If it is a matter of your missing the space bar, you may want to consider Thumb Keyboard. It has multiple keyboard layouts to choose from. You may be able to find a layout that results in a lower error rate. It also allows you to scale the height of keys.
  6. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member

Actually the current SwiftKey can, within limits, handle this. Certainly it can handle breaking pairs of words, not sure about triplets as in your example.