• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Space Invaders: Infinity Gene

skipjimroo

May 28, 2010
I just wanted to bring it to everyone's attention that Space Invaders: Infinite Gene was released on the Android Marketplace today:

https://market.android.com/details?id=jp.co.taito.am.siInfinityGene&feature=search_result

It's a great game of the scrolling shooter/bullet hell variety and I'd highly recommend it to anyone who feels sure they would enjoy such a thing. It may seem an odd comment to make but, as I play it, I can't help but draw parallels with Rez - due to it's heavy serving of experimental visuals, backed up with some banging music.

There are some downsides though; the aspect ration is still suited for an iphone screen (meaning black bars at top and bottom), there's no move to SD support (filesize is 27mb) and rather bizarrely the "are you sure you want to exit?" menu is in Japanese!

If you can look past these quibbles then you'll find it both a well spent

over $7 for that?

WHAT?!? It's seven bucks on your marketplace? Yeah I think I'd be telling them to cram it too.

I think they sell it for around 1200 points on Xbox live arcade though - So I couldn't pass it up for just over a couple of quid.

Radiant is truly a fantastic game though. Hexage are by far one of my favourite developers on the android marketplace and Radiant's a game that no-one should be without. :p

Upvote 0
I can't be bothered with iOS devs who simply port their games to Android. And charge a premium over the iOS version(At least until all of the kinks are ironed out)

Tell me about it! Especially when so many devs are finding a successful business model in porting their high-quality IOS games over for free with included ads.

It's a pet peeve of mine when devs try to shaft the android community with a huge mark-up over the IOS price point. It's usually around that point they get a whiney e-mail from me.

Upvote 0
It's a really good game (I've got it on iOS) and easily worth in the neigborhood of $10 (costs $5 from what I see on the market, over here). I suspect they aren't getting a huge amount of sales due to price, and it's a shame. Hunting for APKs is hurtful and I wish mods would pressure people not to talk of such things :( Especially when a free version is available anyway. If you want to see genuine quality games on this market you really should support developers, otherwise much of what you will ever see is a consistent flow of rehashed ports.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones