Spam - everywhere.General

1. ascendhater

ascendhater Well-Known Member

All over my new phone. Whenever I exit settings I am taken to a website called Chinatv or some poop. And I constantly get little popups that say "want to chat?"

How do I know which app is doing this to me? I got the DNA yesterday so as soon as I signed on with my gmail account I had like 30 apps update from when I had my last droid. The only new apps I've downloaded on here were nova prime, teslaunread, calculator+++, meme battery widget, quickpic, tersus icon pack, and swiftkey.

Advertisement
    :
  2. croppz

croppz Member

It's one of the apps you have installed. So just go the to "installed" apps page and see which ones you've installed recently.

It won't tell you which one is spamming so it's up to you to remember when it started happening.
  3. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

You could install something like Addons Detector or Lookout Ad Network Detector and scan to see which apps have aggressive advertising ad-ons (push advertising is the thing to really watch for).
  4. ascendhater

ascendhater Well-Known Member

I did a reset on the phone. Before I had downloaded all of them in the same hour or so, so it was impossible to know when it started.

From now on I will space out my apps for a half day or so.
  5. Ibrick

Ibrick Well-Known Member

Download an app called 'airpush detector' it'll tell you which app it is.
  6. Make sure you give the app 1 star rating before uninstalling it, so that people will not fall into the same crap
  7. KOLIO

KOLIO NOTEoriously XPOSED Guide

Next time you have a similar issue,you could boot into 'SAFE MODE' & then open one app @ a time until you discover the troublesome application.

BTW........, w/a moniker such as yours, did you previously own the OG HUAWEI ASCEND?

If so, no further explanation necessary........... ;)