• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Spam on Android phone

orlandotek

Lurker
Nov 28, 2010
On my new Android phone I setup my Google Voice number and set it as my primary number to use on the phone.

I have had the phone for 3 days and have had my Google Voice acct for over a year with never an issue with it.

This morning, the only change I made to my Android phone was adding
an app from the app store called "Facebook Touch".

About 2 hours later, I learned that EVERY contact on my Google
Voice contact list, which I did a sync with on my phone, got SPAM
with the same SPAM -- It was texted out to everyone..here was the
message --

Dear, I have tried to purchase some products from a business company, I have attracted by high quality products, low price and enthusiastic services, I think if you are free, you can go to see: styleele.com ,picking your interesting... <<followed by a link here>>

Anyone else had this type of issue? I can't imagine that it could not have
come from the phone...maybe from that Facebook Touch app as that application had a lot of SPAM just within the application itself (its not deleletd)...

Any suggestions as to how this might have happened on my phone would be appreciated...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones