Spam texts!

Last Updated:

1. ZDroid1

ZDroid1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ever since I got my Android phone, or perhaps it was the unlimited texting, I began getting one our two spam texts a day.

My question is this: When I receive such text messages, which often ask me to respond in a certain way (by sending back the word STOP for instance) in order for me to unsubscribe, should I respond? It's a dilemma because I want the spam to stop but I don't want to confirm the validity of my number either (that would invite more spam ).

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

yes, respond STOP.

They obviously already have your number, and know that its a valid number, because if it wasnt, they would get an error message back.

3. drew21close

drew21close New Member

They already received it but why are they still sending same messages over and over again? Is this their gimmick, to let subscribers to avail their promos or what so ever.

4. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

I just respond with horrible, threatening, or creepy messages, and I've yet to get any more.

Just respond with something like: "I'll be waiting in your driveway when you get home tonight." I guarantee you'll get no more.

5. sitlet

sitlet Banned

If thats the case, call your provider. Tell them you are getting texts from a service that you already told to STOP. They will first block that number, and second investigate why they wont stop when you tell them to.

6. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

last week.. i started to get these text spam too!

I hate this!!!