Spam texts

Last Updated:

1. RhinoDoc

RhinoDoc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I don't really understand how spam texts work (although I am thinking about getting into it since I know how much everyone loves them;)). For the many months I have had my Hero, I don't think I ever received one. However, in the past week I have been getting at least one every day, sometimes at 4 AM. I have to leave my notifications on because that is how the answering service contacts me. Now, all of this has started since I loaded Fresh 2.0d. I doubt there is any connection between those two events, but could there be? Is there something about the new ROM that would make it more susceptible to spam? Second, I know that with email spam I just delete them, I certainly don't want to respond to them by checking the "take me off your mailing list." If I blacklist a spam number in Handcent, that doesn't send anything back to the sender indicating it is an active number, does it? It doesn't hurt to blacklist, does it?

Advertisement
  2. jdbell2004

jdbell2004 Well-Known Member

I have noticed the same thing. One was from Facebook saying a friend had sent me a voice message. Also started after fresh 2.0d was flashed.