Spanish music on Facebook updateSupport

Last Updated:

1. gamblor01

gamblor01 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone know how to change the sound that gets played when a Facebook update arrives in the Android notification dock? In Menu -> Settings -> Sound and Display -> Notification Sound the option is set to "subtle" which I really like. I have the volume for notifications set to be relatively low, so if I'm sleeping it doesn't wake me up because it's so low and it's such a short tone.

Last night however, I got some spam friend request on Facebook. Unfortunately it was like 1am and I woke up to hear some Spanish style/flamenco type music playing. After a few seconds I found out that it was my phone, and the Facebook app was notifying me of a new friend request.

Does anyone know how to change this sound? I don't see any option in the Sound and Display menu, and I also tried going into the Accounts & sync menu but I don't see anything in there either except whether or not the phone syncs with Facebook and how often. There is no setting for notification sound.

This is really odd -- it seems like a new friend request is the only Facebook notification that even arrives in the notification bar...maybe other stuff arrives too but I just haven't received them yet? In any case, there must be an option somewhere to change or disable this music.

Anyone else experienced what I'm talking about? Do you know how to change it? I really don't want to wake up even more during the night than I already do. My son already keeps me up enough at night...

Advertisement
  2. tardmobile

tardmobile Well-Known Member

notifications noises for specific apps are set within the specific apps

3. gamblor01

gamblor01 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Wow thanks...I just changed the "notification ringtone" in the Facebook for Android app settings. I guess I was thrown off by the fact that I added myself as a friend from a bogus account and when the request came in, adjusting the volume brought up the "ringtone volume" applet -- which made me think it was tied to my default ringtone.

Oddly enough, I am not able to find the ringtone that was playing ANYWHERE on this phone. It's not in the Android sound settings nor the Facebook sound settings. Oh well.

I changed the Facebook "notification ringtone" to be subtle so let's hope that works. If so....THANK YOU!!!