Spare battery charger?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. Bearly

Bearly Well-Known Member

Has anyone bought something like this from Amzer or Seidio?

2. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

3. I havent tried amzer or seidio, but i did get one on ebay from china. It was a really low quality charger, and i dont recommend it. Stick around for the OEM HTC one, it has to come soon especially since that same battery is compatible with other phones and so it will be on high demand soon in enough
    GrandMasterB likes this.
  4. golfinglenn

golfinglenn Well-Known Member

I have had the opposite results from ebay and Hong Kong charger. It is a slower charge, which IS easier on the battery, and the batteries are always 100% charged and don't lose 10% of their charge in the first 5 minutes the phone is unplugged like the stock charger does.

I rotate between 3 1500 mah batteries. One I got from Ebay for a Touch Pro 2 from here in the states (original htc battery) and 2 from Hong Kong that came with the wall charger. Hong Kong batteries don't last quite as long as the tp2, but close enough and much better than the stock 1300.

I used the same set-up with my blackberry Tour from the same seller and had positive results there as well. Have not regretted the $16 purchase (shipping included) one bit.
  5. jasonb1985

jasonb1985 Well-Known Member

i also have one of the Ebay chargers and it's excellent. they are dirt cheap and charge the battery completely 100% full unlike the phone itself. i also switch between 3 OEM HTC batteries, the stock 1300 and 2 of the 1500mah TP2 batteries. it does charge at a slow .35amp (350ma) rate, but that's fine with me.
  6. maryj459

maryj459 Member

I bought an extended use battery - it's working great. long can I keep my spare battery in a charger? I haven't needed to use it yet, but it seems like a waste just to have it laying around doing nothing...

How long can I "store" my extra battery in one of these chargers? Any advice?
  7. DroidPower

DroidPower Well-Known Member

8. Roadrat

Roadrat New Member

Are you experiencing any wear on the little clips that snap together on the plastic case with frequent battery exchanges?
  9. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

+1 for the hong kong eBay charger + batteries

And no, I haven't had any issues with wear on the clips of the back case, but I have just been running off one of the eBay batteries; it gets me through from 7AM - 9PM with about 15% left, so that's good enough for me :D
  10. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

I got a Hong Kong knockoff, and while it was fantastic for over 6 months it's now very very slow on charging. Takes easily 4-6hrs to charge a 1300 battery , Left my 1750 battery on it overnight about 6hrs when I pluged it in my phone it was only at 65%
    ya get what you pay for
  11. jackdubl

jackdubl Well-Known Member

I got the Seidio charger. Took slightly over three hours. Is this bad for the battery?
  12. DustinF00

DustinF00 Well-Known Member

IMO No, this is fine, this is a good charge rate. Remember, its going to go green before its been topped off - but there is a good chance - that the battery charger is possibly still charging the battery - although I cannot seem to see how long that takes.

Just remember to try and bump charge the battery (charge it with the phone off) after its been charged either in the charger or in the phone (while the phone was on) and you should be ok.
  13. Knitter

Knitter New Member

I have the external charger from Seido..and I use it with the extended battery as well as the stock battery. I go through 2 batteries a day easily..Use the phone constantly but n=mostly for email..not that much for calls..Same when I had my BB's. Just accepting it unless you can tell me differently.
  14. parri1l

parri1l Well-Known Member

I really like my seido external charger. Bump charging is lame. I like just switching batteries out.
  15. Locoman

Locoman Well-Known Member

I've got four of the Hong Kong knock offs. One was bad, it would only charge to about 60% . The others work great. Don't ask me how I got four of them.