• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Spare battery? How much of a PITA to swap

Clocks

Apr 18, 2010
I'm going to be switching to sprint soon and I'm debating between the evo and the epic.

My incredible on verizon was amazing with the 2150ma battery, which makes me lean towards the evo since I Can pick up a 3500ma case from seidio. With the epic (as least for now) I'll be forced to use the stock battery and maybe buy a second battery.

Which leads to my question: the incredible had a "snap on" back case which I hated and always felt like it would break when I take it off. Is the epic like that also? If so I'm pretty sure I'd snap the case within a month if I was regularly switching the battery.

Also, any word on extended batteries with new back covers?

Thanks

I use the "swap technique" myself. Works very well for me. At first I was removing the cover the incorrect way and it did indeed feel like it would eventually break. But there's a little tiny slit at the bottom between the case and the phone. Get your fingernail or a butter knife in there and it pops right off.

The phone powers down and boots up pretty quick too, so that's not a hassle either.

Upvote 0
i was thinking of doing this, but with a charger for the house and a charger for the car, unless you going on some mode of transport that doesn't have this, I can't really see the use of needing to swap batteries. plus if you have a case, you have to take the case off, take the back off, and thats just a lot of wear and tear on the phone.

Upvote 0
Bought the spare charger\battery on day 1 and have been using it ever since. The Epic starts up faster than any phone I've ever used. It's something like 30 seconds. The cover comes off easily and the battery is easy to get out with my nail.

Spare charger works pretty quickly too. As long as you keep the other battery with you, you pretty much don't need to worry about battery life. Ever.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones