Spare Parts/Helix Launcher Aggressive SetupGeneral

Last Updated:

1. BlueDC2

BlueDC2 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am currently running helix launcher on my eris. In spare parts, there is a setting to switch to memory management to 'aggressive' to kill apps faster. I have read that because this is a function from the droid, it is not good to use on the eris because it will continually kill off sense, which will then reboot itself. HOWEVER, since I am using HelixLauncher instead of sense, is it ok to set this to aggressive?

I know that sense will come back after some time if it is killed with a task manager, but what if I force stop it right after a reboot, would this keep sense off and allow me to have aggressive/faster memory management?

Also, I currently do not use a task manager.

Advertisement
  2. BlueDC2

force closed sense after a reboot, system processes says it hasnt come back since the reboot a few hours ago. I just set spare parts to aggressive, I guess ill see.

3. jxnrxy

jxnrxy Well-Known Member

how do you force close sense at reboot? I too use Helixlauncher and don't use sense, and if there is potential to free up memory i want to try!

4. BlueDC2

Settings, applications, manage applications. Wait for the list to load, go to htc sense, select or and scroll down to force close. It kept out off for a few hours for me.

Edit: It has nothing to do with the reboot really, I just did it right after to see how long it would last. Since it started coming back more often. I wish I had root!