Spare Parts Question.....

Last Updated:

1. Brack66

Brack66 New Member This Topic's Starter

OK , heres my situation ...Im sure its prob. been ask here before but I could not find it using the search ( eyes started getting crossed from all the threads i read )

Ive had my Hero for about 9 months , havent had any battery issues to say ( read the sticky about saving battery life )

heres my problem , Some days battery will last all day with , as I say , avg use .( Text , check e mail 3-4 times , FB , handful of calls , Music ) AND then after 4-6 days its goes to dropping 10% in the first 20 minutesin the morning and then needing a charge by noon .

VERY minimal APPS on Phone . Using Spare parts , during good battery usage , The top user is the ANdroid system and its very low.

NOW during the bad times Spare parts show the Android Sytem still on top but its up to 100% of the time

I can go into manage Applications and start forcing things close and it helps for awhile , but they start up again....... and then sometime out of the blue , it goes back to normal . Its driving me nuts !!

any suggestion on what to check , im scratching my head

Advertisement
  2. Brack66

Brack66 New Member This Topic's Starter

i forgot to mention , when its in its "bad" mode , the phone has a real bad LAG problem

3. t1jordan

t1jordan Well-Known Member

i experience the weird battery drain from time to time. dont let it drive you crazy. just keep your chargers around. lol you need a task killer. ignore everything google, text, email, clock or any app that you want running in the background it should help. dont have to many widgets on your home screen, you should be fine as far as the lag go's. Download systray monitor. if ram memory go's below about 35 mb, your probably going to experience some kind of lag. i try to keep my ram memory above 40 mb. i hope that helped a bit.

4. stevedave

stevedave Well-Known Member

Try re-starting you phone every couple of days when it gets like that.

5. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Well-Known Member

I would advise against a task killer, and let your phone do the task managing on your own. I experienced this exact problem, and when I finally said "screw it" and stopped using the task killer and then uninstalled it, my battery life improved dramatically.

6. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Well-Known Member

Also, whats your service like? I know when I have 0-1 EVDO bars, my phone gets worse than normal battery life, because the phone is trying to connect and it drains battery life. It also seems to get laggy as well. Especially when it keeps moving between EVDO and 1x. I was in IKEA yesterday, went in with like 85% battery life, came out 2.5 hours later with like 50% battery life. That place is like a giant cold war bunker, got no bars almost the whole way through, and it killed my battery. I was stupid and didn't turn off mobile network, which definitely would have helped.

If you are going to be in an area of low network connectivity, I suggest you turn off your mobile network connection.