Spare PartsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. kingcliff

kingcliff Member This Topic's Starter

Is it necessary? ive seen spme people say its sped up their phone and improved performance

Advertisement
  2. Gevis

Gevis Well-Known Member

It shouldn't increase performance at all. I would think anyone telling you it does is fooling themselves.

It is a useful tool if you are interested in what is using your battery up and things like that.

3. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

Spare Parts is tricky. I wouldn't use any of the fancy settings that it lets you do, but I do find the Battery History portion to be VERY useful.

If I'm having a high % awake time, I load up the battery history, I hit 'total since boot', and look at 'Partial wake usage'. Also useful to look at sensor usage (Android System will use a lot if automatic brightness is set), CPU usage, and GPS usage. Some of the options don't work, but it's good to get a gauge of what's eating your battery.

Having it installed does nothing. Literally. Except for take up some space in your memory. But it's a very useful tool for me on my Eris.

4. L0stS0ul

L0stS0ul Well-Known Member

You can tweak how fast animations occur or turn them off all together. That's where the "speed up" comes from. It's just perception.

5. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

Perception is reality ... if it makes it seem faster, does it really matter if it is or not?

6. L0stS0ul

L0stS0ul Well-Known Member

Some people might want to actually make them slower and like that better, it's all perception. it's not making the machine faster. I personally turn all animations off as I feel they slow my usage but others will like it.