General Spare parts???

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by eddieg, Apr 23, 2010.

1. eddieg

eddieg Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2010
    What is the point of the brightness mode in spare parts can someone explain it for me thanks.

Advertisement

2. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    IT
    Toledoish
    I typically just use spare parts for informational purposes, but I believe the "brightness mode" is for some phones that dont natively give you the option to toggle it on and off and really isnt necessary on the Eris. I'm sure someone will pop in and correct me soon if I'm off base.

3. eddieg

eddieg Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2010
    Anyone else?

4. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

Nov 23, 2009
    L'Etoile du Nord
    Try to email the dev

5. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

I typically use Spare Parts for the battery info and also make animations/transitions fast.

Does anyone know exactly what checking "compcache" at the bottom does? Should there be a check mark in this box?

Thanks!

6. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    VIP Member

Compressed Cache, "compcache," is another memory management feature available in Froyo. Enabling it in a 2.1 based ROM probably won't work unless the ROM developer has found a way to make it happen in 2.1.

Bswartz95 likes this.
  7. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    VIP Member

It's just another way to squish stuff into RAM, basically, thus leaving the main file disk to do other things and also to make the squished stuff in RAM more readily available, speeding up the OS a little bit.

If the 2.1 kernel is tweaked to enable it, it'll obviously work.

Love those devs. ;)