1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

SPB announces Mobile Shell for Android!

Last Updated:

1. nicracine

nicracine Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. budney

budney Active Member

I just hope they support all Android devices, and not pick and choose like they did with WM and Mobile Shell 3.0.

3. rjoudrey

rjoudrey Well-Known Member

Just got this letter from SPB:

"Sorry for not answering for quite a while, I've been EXTRA BUSY and then tried to be extra relaxed :) At this point I have to stress that we haven't put the Shell 5.0 to market, just announced it to be able to show it in Barcelona and enter talks with prospective partners. I sincerely apologise if the press release was misleading, this is entirely my fault, and would not repeat in future. The offer to test MS in the end of the press-release is reffering to MS3.5.

About the release date - it is roughly June (not an official statement, can't quote me on that :))) as the software is pretty much in it's alfa state as of today. Our goal is to release it for all the announced platforms simultaneously, takes some extra work. Meanwhile, there's an option to enter the beta-testing program, we'll make a separate announcement when it starts.

Thank you for your patience and understanding."

4. nicracine

nicracine Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This is another example where Tech Blogs got excited too soon or without checking their sources.

Oh well, I have until June to get a decently rooted phone to try this new app.

Nicolas Racine

5. MR_2FNGRZ

MR_2FNGRZ Well-Known Member

Spb has been leaked. I'm surprised no one has posted on this, or maybe I didn't search good enough. But anyways, the beta is leaked and out in the wild.

While I won't post a link to the file (FOR OBVIOUS REASONS) I will post a link from DroidLife showing their review.

SPB Mobile Shell 5.0 UI Beta Released, Here is a Quick Look - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

If you have a Droid X and have "happened" to come across the file, this should help you out. Took me a while to get it to work, but I did.

Ok se

6. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

7. kdkinc

kdkinc Well-Known Member

Thank You..for the directions
    Works on Fission 2.61 DroidX
    Works fine so far but I could not keep this long enough to warrant $29.99 that I paid for the Omnia i910 &i920 MS version.
    I'll try it for a day or so and see if I can like it better. I missing my ADW already.:eek:

8. MR_2FNGRZ

MR_2FNGRZ Well-Known Member

Cool! It's just something new for ppl to try. I've posted a complete guide with pics in the Droid X rooted forums

9. anilraj420

anilraj420 Member

im trying to find the file to try it but cant someone help me