• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help speaker blew?

Pitbull329

Jun 30, 2010
So, I received a phone call in the afternoon... It was fine. I grab the phone to play with it, and notice the speaker was sounding funny. So, I test it out by playing a song. It sounded horrible!!! So, now I have a busted sounding phone. Went to radioshack earlier today, but I was told since I already exchaged it once, i'd have to go to sprint directly. He told me to drop by tomorrow since the manager will be there, that he could decide if they'll exchange for me or just send me off to the sprint store.

First phone, the screen wasn't aligned properly, making hitting the menu button an annoying issue. Now this phone's speaker went from sounding awesome to making ears bleed :(. Anybody else have this issue so far?

So, I received a phone call in the afternoon... It was fine. I grab the phone to play with it, and notice the speaker was sounding funny. So, I test it out by playing a song. It sounded horrible!!! So, now I have a busted sounding phone. Went to radioshack earlier today, but I was told since I already exchaged it once, i'd have to go to sprint directly. He told me to drop by tomorrow since the manager will be there, that he could decide if they'll exchange for me or just send me off to the sprint store.

First phone, the screen wasn't aligned properly, making hitting the menu button an annoying issue. Now this phone's speaker went from sounding awesome to making ears bleed :(. Anybody else have this issue so far?

I'm wondering if there has been an update to turn the volume down.

My first phone seemed quite a bit louder than the two I've gotten since. I was actually worried that the speaker could blow on the first one, because it was so darn loud. I appreciate having good speaker volume, but you definitely don't want it so loud that it will blow the driver.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones