Speaker Crackling when Touching ScreenSupport

1. DeadLeeBawss

DeadLeeBawss New Member

Hi

I have a bit of a strange issue which has been getting worse over time. My phone speaker makes crackling and popping sounds pretty much every time I touch the screen or any of the buttons. It will also do it randomly sometimes without me touching the screen or anything. For example, my phone can be sat on the bedside table and then the speaker will make crackling sounds. It does this even in silent/mute mode.

It will crackle and make popping sounds even for actions that don't make noises or vibrate your phone. For example, swiping between screens will sometimes makes a popping and crackling sound and sometimes it won't.

What is causing this? Has anyone else had it?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forums. I see you are having trouble with your android device . Need some information before i can help u repair the device . First: have you rooted or modded the device in anyway .
  3. DeadLeeBawss

DeadLeeBawss New Member

No roots or mods. I have reformatted the phone and SD card so it is like it is fresh out of the factory and I still get the same problems.
  4. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member

Did you drop or did you get water or anything in the headphone jack . How old is this s4. And do you have the updated software on the device
  5. tpkoons

tpkoons Member

I know this is an ancient post but if I found my way here others may as well. The crackling I found was when I had the vibration intensity set to max. so any time there was feed from typing or an alert the vibration would go mad and over vibrate the phone.

Swipe down from the top click settings (the gear) click my device and then sound. here the vibration intensity can be set. just slide it back a touch and that should do it.
  6. jattscorpion

jattscorpion New Member

Hi, I have the same problem but my phone is water damaged. I have cleaned its motherboard with 70% alcohol and replaced the speaker with new one. Still its making crackling noise. I can hear the sound (music or voice) but there is lot of disturbance with it.

Please suggest me if there is any fix.