Speaker DeadSupport

Last Updated:

1. TF1984

TF1984 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everybody, please forgive me if I have missed my answer somewhere, I searched with no success.

My wife has an epic (i have evo so I don't keep up with the Epic forum), and here speaker and sound all of the sudden has completely stopped working.

No sound comes from the phone through the speaker i.e. no ringer, no mail notification, no text notification.

Music will play through a headset, and voice calls are still heard through the earpiece. I can't figure out what's going on. Is this a known defect?

Anyone, pleaseeeeeee help... Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator

I haven't seen any overriding speaker issue with the Epic, but speaker failure can happen with any phone. You could try backing everything up and doing a hard reset, maybe it's just a corrupted driver. I think it's more than likely you'll be visiting a repair center soon. Good luck!

3. TF1984

TF1984 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

on a non-rooted epic is there any way to back EVERYTHING UP, don't want to go through setting it all up for her again.... *&^#&*^$#*W)^_&$@)*&^@$

4. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator

You could backup the apps with Astro, but without root nandroid or titanium are out. I think you're looking at a bite the bullet situation my friend. Sorry! Maybe someone else has a better idea? Once again, good luck.