Speaker dock for DesireAccessories

Last Updated:

1. 4ngi3

4ngi3 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've seen it somewhere but can't remember where.. has anyone seen where you can buy a speaker dock for a htc desire that will charge it at the same time as play music through external speakers?

Advertisement
  2. 4ngi3

3. 4ngi3

4. Hardcore

Hardcore Well-Known Member

5. Coominez

Coominez New Member

Hi,
    Did you ever find anything?
    I've just got a desire and would love exactly what your describing!

6. milos797

milos797 New Member

hi,
    i was looking for exactly the same thing yesterday. My idea is to put my phone to the dock (Ok, to the dock like an iphone) and got the sound out - and then connect it to some good audio...
    But the question is, if the desire is supporting audio output via usb connector.... Because normally you got the audio from 3.5mm connector, but you connecting phone to the dock via usb port...
    any ideas? that's not a big deal to give the desire to the dock and then connect it with home audio system via 3,5mm connector, but this is not simply clever at all. I just wish - give it to the dock and automatically get the audio out...

BTW - i think this need to be supporting by software...

7. biscuitlad

biscuitlad Well-Known Member

Why not just go for a bluetooth speaker - means you can control your music wherever you are in the room... Creative do a nice one. ;-)

8. milos797

milos797 New Member

exactly what i was thinking about. You do not need to buy a new speaker, you can buy just bluetooth receiver with 3,5mm output and connect it to your home audio system. So you can be wherever around and play the music wireless. You do not have to put your mobile somewhere and keep it there when you are listening music...
    BTW, you can do it automatically too. Just buy a dock, buy a 0.66 pounds software which simply turn on your bluetooth when you connect your phone to the dock and that's it. :D
    simply clever and that's the way i will do it :D

9. DJWebbo

DJWebbo New Member

Have just received my new HTC Desire HD and I've been on a frantic look to find a speaker dock that can also charge my phone and as yet, they don't really exist ala all the millions of iPhone docks out there with cradles. However, I've just found this E-Volve 3 dock on Amazon and it's a basic speaker dock with a usb output that also charge's any device (using your own cable), just plug the 3.5mm jack in and hey presto, it works great, and it's black too. Sound is good for the price as long as you're not interested in hi-Fi sound next to your bed. Read the customer reviews and you'll see a few HTC Desires being used with it. There are many versions availablebut I think that's to do with the cradles supplied, I bought the Sony Walkman version for my HTC HD.

Hope this helps anyone on the lookout for speakers with a charging ability.

Dave

10. StephLD

StephLD New Member

Can you tell us exactly which model you bought (number etc) as this is exactly what I have been hunting for but there are a LOT of them on the site :confused:

11. JawboneFan

JawboneFan New Member

Has anyone tried the JAMBOX by Jawbone? It works with any device (Bluetooth and 3.5mm jack) and sounds amazing for its size. You can check out a demo at Apple and BestBuy stores. Let me know if you have any questions. I work for Jawbone. Jawbone JAMBOX Wireless Speaker | Hi-Fi, Stereo, Speakerphone & more