• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Speaker on the LG G Watch

Got my LG G Watch yesterday and so far it was an OKayish device. Not great and not useless. Does anyone know whether this watch has a speaker? I am sure I heard some sound when I switched on the watch for the first time.

I couldn't find a way to modify the volume settings. I have also written a simple program that sets the system volume to the maximum but still I can't hear anything from the device. It would be nice if the watch can read the notifications along with buzzing.

You cant talk from the watch. You can either reject or accept a call. Accepting the call doesn't make any sense as you would have to use the Phone Mic.

Unless you're wearing your Bluetooth headset.

But with my headset I still have to answer blind, or pull phone to see who's calling.

With the watch I can see on screen and just swipe to answer, or swipe to dismiss (with message if you choose.)

Upvote 0
A simple app like https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kashif.TalkingCallerID&hl=en would announce the caller name (even via Bluetooth headset) so IMHO the watch doesn't hold any value for taking calls.

Thanks for the info on that. Will have to check that out.

In the end it is all to the individual if they will find it useful. I have a Pebble steel and enjoy it. Sure I will enjoy Android wear just as much. But I admit not everyone will find the need or like for wearable tech.

By the way if you really need a watch to make calls. Samsung does make one. Sells for about $100 more.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones