1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Speaker phone turns itself ON, for every callSupport

1. charliehorse

charliehorse Member

Out of nowhere, my speaker phone is turning itself ON when I make and answer calls. VERY annoying because people start talking before I turn it off and the world gets to hear it....

How do I reverse this?

Thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. jamesdean

jamesdean Well-Known Member

Have you by chance added the youmail app?
  3. KenB123

KenB123 Member

Does Driver Mode automatically turn on speakerphone, perhaps? If so, turn off Driver Mode.

Also check your status of Setting-> Call Settings -> VoiceMail -> Speakerphone.
  4. dougleppard

dougleppard Well-Known Member

I have the same issue. Driver mode is off, at least as much as I know. I turned it off and on to test.

Also I turned the automatic speaker phone on and off and that doesn't do it.

Also rebooted.

Now what?
  5. itatodd

itatodd New Member

Mine is also doing the samething. And it seemed to happen after the last system update of the phone. I can't seem to figure out where or how you can turn this off. Seems to me like a bug in the lastest system update. Anyone figured out how to correct this, has it's a PITA every time you use the phone!:confused:
  6. mitchigan

mitchigan New Member

I had this happen to me before and I found that it was due to a third party power cable that I was using to charge my phone. Somehow, the phone thought I was in driving mode as a result, and I couldn't get out of it.

Basically, I don't use that cable anymore, and I think I had to restore to factory default.

Just wondering if you were using a third party cable rather than the one that came with the phone?
  7. Andhu71

Andhu71 New Member

I had the same problem and finally found out that the speaker phone option was to do with the GPS settings. Unknowingly I turned it off and closed the app and voila! The problem was solved. : )
  8. jackson86

jackson86 New Member

This has been driving me crazy for weeks. I have looked at every setting on my phone a 100 times. Finally came across a thread that solved it - I have an app called Auto Call Record and there is a setting called "enable or disable auto speaker" - not even sure what the purpose of this setting is in the app - but it was defaulted to activate - when I un-activated the setting problem solved! If you are having the issue - and did the obvious - turn driving mode off - and looked at all phone settings - and still having the issue - then the problem lies in one of your app settings - look for an app tied to your phone or voicemail.
  9. Cruisin53

Cruisin53 New Member

Thanks for these forums,,however none of this seems to help me turn off my speaker on my phone.When I answer a call or dial a call,my speaker is alway on.Does anybody else have some ideas..I have a samsung galaxy s2..thanks...
  10. sofusb

sofusb New Member

I have the same problem. Speaker auto-turns on when a call is in progress. Absolutely frustrating! Came across this thread / discussion.

I have had little / a bit / no luck solving the problem - yet. Haven't called Samsung Support YET - but plan to; soon!

My only guess regarding WHAT causes this problem is MEMORY - LOW MEMORY. Have tried to insert new / blank SD Card without luck. So if it is memory it will be the internal memory being FULL causing this problem.

Any view on this will be welcome.

Thanks in advance....
  11. umapst

umapst New Member

Hi
    Just put off your phone and remove the battery for 10 seconds at least. This has solved the issue for me.
  12. ferret141

ferret141 Well-Known Member

I'll throw in why this happened to me in the past. An app called Viber. Re-installed it and the problem went away.
  13. calkidlv

calkidlv New Member

I have a Sprint HTC Evo 4G LTE. My speakerphone recently started turning on automatically on outbound calls. I spent an hour on the phone with Sprint tech support this morning; they couldn't figure it out and suggested I take phone to service center. After phone call I dug some more and discovered that this isn't unique to Sprint, HTC nor KitKat since I only have Jelly Bean (4.1.1) on my phone. I checked when latest Chrome browser was released -- Feb 28 -- which was about the time the speaker started automatically turning on. So... I disabled Chrome (ver 33.0.1750.136), installed Chrome BETA (ver 34.0.1847.62) and the problem is fixed, for now at least.
  14. ramzi2002

ramzi2002 New Member

Try to disable the developer options in setting
  15. DZ of ABQ

DZ of ABQ New Member

Taking battery out did not work for me. What DID work is going to settings, my device and turned off all motions and gestures capabilites (my palm motion setting was on).