• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Speaker question

Ok, so my truck has been tape deck, and I have one of those old school tapes with the headphone cable for mp3 players and the phone. On my droid, when I plugged in the headphone hack I could hear a phone call over the radio, basically a speaker phone over the speakers of the truck. When I trtry this with my new thunderbolt, for some reason the speaker input gets turned off, and the person on the other side can not heard me. Any ideas on how to fix this? Anyone else having the same problem? Thanks for the help/feedback.

i've had a phone call through my same setup (tape deck in my jeep) and the caller can hear me--though i've had to speak very loudly to the phone sitting by the gear shift.

this might be related to the fact that it's a Noise cancelation issue (like with Video recording & the low audio acknowledged by HTC & every forum member; basically when recording a video, the noise cancellation feature is still enabled so the video doesn't capture any sound farther than 1 foot away from the phone)--

this is gonna sound stupid, but have you tried confirming that the microphone still works in that situation by holding the phone closer OR speaking very loud to see if the person can hear you?

i understand it's not a fix, but it would at least tell you whether the microphone was turned on to receive voice or if the phone itself was defective and would not allow it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones