Speaker scratchy? (not another Pandora thread)Support

Last Updated:

1. markv723

markv723 New Member

Hey guys, I wanted to know if anyone has noticed something that is starting to bother me. Occasionally I will receive a text message or a phone call and the speaker audio doesn't sound 100% smooth. It's almost as if its a bit choppy/hesitant at first. It doesn't happen all the time, and its very minimal but I wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this.

Advertisement
  2. MobstaJ

MobstaJ Active Member

I have had the crackling on ring tones and notifications as well. For example when you plug and unplug the phone there is almost always a crackly notification. But when I listen to music everything is clear. This leads me to believe its a standby or software issue. Doesn't bug me too much. Hopefully it will be fixed in an update.
  3. dmoseder

dmoseder Member

yes i have had this problem. Scratches every now and then
  4. Zumaki

Zumaki Well-Known Member

Yes, I've experienced this. It happens when the phone rings, or when I listen to Pandora.
  5. decalex

decalex Well-Known Member

I've been wondering about that too. At first, I thought it was possibly a double notification sound playing (like 2 apps installed, playing a sound at the same time). But after a hard reset (for diff reasons), it still does it at least a few times per day.
  6. slag02

slag02 Member

I would like to report that I am too experiencing the scratchy noise on notifications
  7. NamasteSuz

NamasteSuz New Member

I've also noticed that a couple of times so far. Am still experimenting with volume levels and believe there's a distortion issue with such small low fidelity speakers in the earpiece and on the back of the phone, similar to the sound degradation on some laptops.

Really miss the sound quality of my old Samsung A920's dual speaker design... Why phone mfrs. have now decided to skimp on external audio fidelity is beyond me... :confused: