Speaker VolumeSupport

Last Updated:

1. aberenz

aberenz New Member This Topic's Starter

Newb here...Have had this Mesmirize for a month and the external speaker volume seems very weak compared to a friends HTC Desire. Is there an app, some hidden setting or a software update/speaker upgrade that will get the sound level up? Also some apps barely are audible like police scanner. Movies are lower than Mp3s and ring tones are the loudest... I have worked around jet engines for 20+yrs and need LOUDER! LOL

Advertisement
  2. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Well-Known Member Contributor

Have you adjusted the different volume levels for each type of app you're running?

Ring volume, notifications, and media all have separate volume levels. If yours is still set at the default levels, each one might be set at a different level.

3. aberenz

aberenz New Member This Topic's Starter

Yup, got em all on Max. Protective cover also completely clear of speaker. The one thing I needed was loud dang it. They shoulda put speaker on front by earphone and USB port on bottom like an iPod.

4. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Well-Known Member Contributor

I agree, the speaker placement wasn't thought out very well.

5. okcjeeptech

okcjeeptech Member

i am also interested in something that will make it louder, on my Touch Pro 2 I downloaded a file from XDA-Developers that made it almost twice as loud but nothing so far that i have found for the Mez. any help would definitely be appreciated.

BTW settings for that would only be able to be changed or found if i rooted the fone right?

6. phidelt82

phidelt82 Member

So far, the easiest thing that I've found is to take the ring tones that you want and up the amplitude in whatever program is easiest for you, being careful not to go up high enough to start clipping, and then put them back on the phone.

7. androidphiltn

androidphiltn Active Member

there is an app on the market called "audio boost"... It works, especially for headphones, but seems to make the phone lag a but...