• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Speakerphone defaults on outgoing calls

there have been five or six threads on this but not one resolved post. some have fixed it by going into speaker phone settings and toggling the speaker phone option. a few by hard reset the phone. someone mentioned an app that caused the issue so look at any apps you may have installed just prior to the issue.

in the end if no other methods fix it, take it in to a sprint repair center. reportedly if they can't fix it they order a new phone.

Upvote 0
I'm having a similiar issue. Speakerphone defaults on all outgoing calls. I can toggle it off when i make the call, but why is it the default?

I'm curious, but Ive also found my phone randomly in Car Mode. First off, I have no idea how to set this, but I wonder if it has anything to do with the speakerphone defaulting. Has this happened to any of you?

Reactions: younggreenanne
Upvote 0
I brought mine into Bestbuy and they tried doing all of the resets and it still had this problem. They sent it in to get repaired. The salesman also noticed that the pins in the charging port look mangled, maybe it's grounding some of the pins and putting it into car mode. This would explain why it defaults to speakerphone?
I guess I'll have to wait the two weeks to maybe find something out.

Adam

Upvote 0
Yea, I found another thread where someone brought their phone into a Sprint Tech and they said it was a known issue where the Car Mode sensor goes bad. This causes outgoing/incoming calls to default to speakerphone, and if you have headphones plugged in, you cannot control the media volume.

I'll be bringing mine in sometime this week. Yay.

Upvote 0
The way I was able to get it off of car mode was by holding the power button down till the power menu came up then I selected airplane mode then I shut the phone then put it back on then I got it out of airplane mode then put it on silent mode then back to normal. I am not sure if silent mode is needed but my speaker phone does not come on anymore when I make a call. Hopefully everyone has the same luck I did.

Upvote 0
I'm having a similiar issue. Speakerphone defaults on all outgoing calls. I can toggle it off when i make the call, but why is it the default?

I'm curious, but First off, I have no idea how to set this, but I wonder if it has anything to do with the speakerphone defaulting. Has this happened to any of you?

The same two things were happening to me but strangely hasn't happened in about two weeks. Ive also found my phone randomly in Car Mode and defaulting to speakerphone mode.

Upvote 0
Hey guys,new here,i found this thread while searching for the same issue of the speakerphone always on when making a call which started a couple dqys ago. While reading i remembered that i had tested the dock mode and that it could have something to do with this. The dock mode icon was still on in the notification area at the top of the screen. I went into the dock mode settings and unchecked auto launch and auto connect,then made a test call,and it seems to have cleared the problem. Hopefully this will be of use to someone having the same issue.

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
I ad this problem for ages but finally fixed it by cleaning the micro USB port and also making sure the charging plug was not pushed into far. I think at one point it got jammed in too hard and left the phone thinking it was always in a car port or something. I have prevented the problem from re-occurring by being very careful whenever I insert the cord.

Upvote 0
Hi all I am so pleased with my self I have just joined forum to share
I had to send my galaxy s2 for repair due to charging problem ..hadnt backed up anything so lost photos vids (grandchild we struggle with access so were very oreciuos) contact ect ..so when phone returned I started to build up again ..onky to find that contacts cant hear me unless i turn on speaker phone ..not good for family calls in busy office at work !!!!
Took to 02 guru ? As advised ny network provider ..he said only way is to send away for fixing ..arghhh not again !!!
So googled and checked out forums for ideas ...guess what I'VE FIXED IT !!
I took off all paired devices and took off any new apps since phone return .now im back to normal ...im going reintroduce apps and device share (think car one cud be culprit) and check default on route .YEEEEE oops just wanted to share hope it helps someone as android /it phobic as I am ....was ha

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones