speakerphone issueSupport

Last Updated:

1. blognog

blognog Member This Topic's Starter

if anyone can test this for me, it would be a great help. Call your voicemail, and listen to the automated female voice on speakerphone on full volumn. Do you hear any crackling, or any sort of distortion?
    I get a bit of a blown speaker crackle on full volumn on speakerphone when i'm in call. I don't experience this though for music. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed? thanks.

Advertisement
  2. blognog

anyone? just quickly test it for me, it'll take 10 seconds. i need to figure out if i blew my speaker, or if it's just every speakerphone that gets a little scratchy on higher volume.

3. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

Wish I could test it for you but I dont get my Droid until tomorrow. If nobody has helped by then i'll pop back in for ya :D

4. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

I tested this for you. At full volume, I didn't hear much distortion. However, I have rerouted my voicemail to Google Voice, so I don't think I'm hearing the same voicemail robot as you.

I don't think your speaker is blown if it doesn't distort when you play music. Mayhaps the Verizon voicemail robot just has a bad voice? Have you tried the speakerphone talking with a friend?

5. blognog

yeah i tried with friend, and it's actually even more noticeable, that's how i first noticed it. I was having everyone use the verizon voicemail, cuz i figured it was a good benchmark volumn, and i can also hear the distortion then as well.

6. blognog

anyone else get a chance to check speakerphone?

7. blognog

if i can get 2 more peeps to test, i'd be satisfied. thanks guys. I love the phone, i just want to make sure i'm not going crazy here, with speakerphone getting scratchy during calls on full volume.

8. Chunkhead

Chunkhead Member

She sounds fine to me.

9. blognog

yeah it's all good. I'm just going to walk into the store tomorrow, and test a few out, and make sure i'm hearing the same thing on all the phones as my own. thanks guys for the imput.

10. blognog

I just got back from the verizon store, testing a few of the speakerphones out. Some phones sound louder than others on speakerphone, they also sounded a little bit crackled on max volumn. Anyone noticing any crackling audio on either speakerphone voice? or loud music?

11. tonestert

tonestert Well-Known Member

My speakerphone distorts quite a bit. Even turning it down you can still hear distortion. Music does not seem to distort as much or may just not be able to hear the distortion.

12. aaronmach1

aaronmach1 Well-Known Member

same as my phone

13. switchblade9

switchblade9 Member

Ok, I have looked and looked and I cannot find the speaker phone on my Driod. It's probably staring me right in the face, but I'll be damned if I can find it. Where is it and how do you turn it on/off??

Michael B.

14. dmgabe

dmgabe Well-Known Member

It will be an option on the screen once you dial someone, lower right hand corner. You actually have to press send to get to the screen where you turn it on.