• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Speakerphone problem with galaxy rom?

deeoh1084

Android Enthusiast
Dec 21, 2009
Chicago
does anyone know how to fix the speakerphone for bh2 with the galaxy rom??? i flashed mine 6 times already tried to update 1 over and over and over still not working right it turns on sometimes with very very low volume... and sometimes it won't just turn on at all.... i have been asking people in behold2 chat but they are saying it's a known issue but i just wanna get this thing fixed and get over with because i use my speakerphone a lot :( but just to let you guys know who doesn't have this rom... GET IT!!! it's a must!!!!

Upvote 0
Then I have no idea. I did what the instruction told me to do and it work fine.

quick question then when you are almost at the end.. you know how you have to copy and paste each line to adb???
"# Take care the following must be typed consecutively. I suggest u copy/paste it
echo "#!/system/bin/sh
/system/bin/try3 /system/bin/sh
mount -o rw,remount /dev/st9 /system
cat /system/bin/sh > /system/bin/su
chmod 04755 /system/bin/su
mount -o rw,remount rootfs /
mkdir /data/dbdata
mkdir /data/dbdata/databases
mkdir /data/dbdata/databases/com.android.providers.media
mkdir /data/dbdata/databases/com.android.providers.contacts
chmod 777 /data/dbdata
chmod 777 /data/dbdata/databases
chmod 777 /data/dbdata/databases/com.android.providers.media
chmod 777 /data/dbdata/databases/com.android.providers.contacts
ln -s /data/dbdata /dbdata
/system/bin/playlogo_real" > /system/bin/playlogo"

but right around chmod777 /data/dbdata

the phone reboots by itself without me typing reboot
and before it reboots in cmd it says "#end of image" did you have
the same problem too??

Upvote 0
If I remember right I don't think I saw end of image and the phone definitely didn't reboot by itself. Did you tried to ODIN the phone back to factory setting and then root it again and flash the Galaxy rom in? Sorry I can't really help you much on this because I am pretty much a noob myself too :) This is as far as I can help. Good luck. There are a few very helpful guys around here so I think someone will have the solution to your problem If you odin your phone and try again and still have the same result.

Upvote 0
If I remember right I don't think I saw end of image and the phone definitely didn't reboot by itself. Did you tried to ODIN the phone back to factory setting and then root it again and flash the Galaxy rom in? Sorry I can't really help you much on this because I am pretty much a noob myself too :) This is as far as I can help. Good luck. There are a few very helpful guys around here so I think someone will have the solution to your problem If you odin your phone and try again and still have the same result.

yeah i did that many times actually i have no clue why my phone would
do that... i root my phone all the time so i know rooting is not the problem but thanks for your help i'll ask those guys in the chat live again

Upvote 0
Hmm end of image is wierd. If you take too long running everything the phone will reboot, thats because we replaced half its apps without killing them.

You should copy and paste the commands in blocks as i marked out, that'll make it really fast for you to do.

RE the speaker, can you do some simple tests..

- Root it as per normal
- Factory reset
- On boot, make a call and press speaker phone WHILE its rining - report the result here
- Factory reset (no need to root again)
- On boot, make a call, let the person pick up, then press speaker phone - report the result here

Upvote 0
Hmm end of image is wierd. If you take too long running everything the phone will reboot, thats because we replaced half its apps without killing them.

You should copy and paste the commands in blocks as i marked out, that'll make it really fast for you to do.

RE the speaker, can you do some simple tests..

- Root it as per normal
- Factory reset
- On boot, make a call and press speaker phone WHILE its rining - didn't work.... nothing..... can't hear a thing
- Factory reset (no need to root again)
- On boot, make a call, let the person pick up, then press speaker phone - same... nothing..... can't hear a thing

am i suppose to flash the rom again first?? because i just tried with the current galaxy rom that was installed to my bh2 i'll try again by flashing the rom again

Upvote 0
@deeoh1084 / KAM182
I had the same issue, was really getting frustrated as I spent 2.5 hours on a congference call today and neither speakerphone nor headset would work. Anyway, I was searching for this solution (I had read about it over the last week), I called voicemail and placed the call on speaker - nothing came out. I then was reading this post and forgot the call was still active. Suddenly after about a minute the speakerphone started working and now appears to work flawlessly.

HTH,

KAM - THANK YOU so much for everything you have done to support this phone and community.

Best,

Kevin

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones