Speakers with hdmi input for my Droid ?

Last Updated:

1. cynkrzy

cynkrzy Active Member This Topic's Starter

Are there such things ? I like to listen to Grooveshark @ home and the phones speaker ... well ya know. Just wondering if there are mini powered speakers that accept hdmi & is it even worth it, would it be better than the headphone cable for sound ?

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

You would be much better off using the headphone port if you just want sound. To get sound out of hdmi, you need to have a home theatre receiver with an hdmi input, which will cost you at least a few hundred bucks. Just buy any stereo or computer speakers that have a 3.5mm input.

3. Mortus

Mortus Well-Known Member

I am a little confused as to why you are looking for HDMI speakers when I am fairly certain the Droid does not have HDMI. Connection methods that are available are USB (Through the USB-Micro Port), 3.5mm Headset Port, or Bluetooth. Now where I may be wrong is there may be a USB-Micro to HDMI adapter, but I highly doubt it. It also may not be possible to transmit audio over the USB cable as well.

That being said, your best options are likely a small set of high quality speakers that connect using the 3.5mm port or Bluetooth.

4. CptGemini

CptGemini Well-Known Member

If you want a good set of speakers the Klipsch THX Certified ones I have are great, I have tested older cell phones I have had with them and the audio is just crazy.

Amazon.com: Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System (Black): Electronics

These are the ones hooked up to my TV through a cheap amp, the other ones I have on my computer are similar, the sub is the same but the speakers look different and dont have as high a wattage output.