Speaking of rebates...General

1. OrKo

OrKo Well-Known Member

Have/has anyone of you here gotten yours back yet? I know that in the fine print it reads something about it must get to you by 90 days, but I'm just seeing who if any got there's back yet..

Advertisement
  2. PHP87

PHP87 Well-Known Member

3. OrKo

OrKo Well-Known Member

Yea I check my order number through their site almost daily. I just thought some of you who bought it when it dropped may have had any further info on a more accurate time frame
  4. cubone

cubone Well-Known Member

Have not received, but i did get my conformation email a while ago.

They said to wait an extra 35 day to see if I use my Spirit w/ a month of service. One of the reasons why it takes a while.
  5. MetroPOS13

MetroPOS13 Well-Known Member

I used to work for Metro, they are super slow at giving rebates...and if you didn't fill out the paper correctly or send in the upc on the box you'll never see a rebate lol. Ever.
  6. jasonzech

jasonzech Well-Known Member

I photo copied the box and receipt and mailed it in with the metropcs rebate PDF printed. On website it shows it was received and waiting final processing. Been like that for a month now.
  7. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

I bought the phone the day it came out. mailed mine in that day. got a confirmation email. to this day its still in final processing.
  8. Enzo Heavenly

Enzo Heavenly Well-Known Member

Status Detail: Your rebate has been entered and is scheduled for final processing.

So yeah, keep waiting @_@
  9. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

something it says for me lol, this is why i hate mail in rebates
  10. Enzo Heavenly

Enzo Heavenly Well-Known Member

But still better than having no additional discount :p And... I can always charge myself with Paypal :p
  11. GameTheory

GameTheory Well-Known Member Developer

12. OcalaFlGuy

OcalaFlGuy Well-Known Member

There IS NO rebate if you aren't adding a line.

That's NOT what I call a rebate. :rolleyes:

I came very close to messaging The Mothership on Faceplant that to me, it borders on deception, (it certainly has that smell to it) but I wasn't PO'd about it enough to take the time to figure out the tactful wording.

Bruce in Ocala, FL
  13. elfy23

elfy23 Well-Known Member

I have the motion and sent in my rebate form Jan 17. On metro chat they told me I'd receive it no later than April 18. I got it late March
  14. Bard

Bard Well-Known Member Developer

Just got an email that it's on the final process stage

Guess what my wife is getting on her birthday on may lol
    OrKo likes this.
  15. jasonzech

Hey when did it show that they received your rebate paperwork? They said they got mine March 11th, exactly one month ago.
    OrKo likes this.
  16. Bard

Bard Well-Known Member Developer

I mailed my paperwork end of march around 3/20 ~3/25 or so. Received the email on 4/10

It says it Will. Take up to 45 days from now so.. hope I recwived card soon :)
  17. OcalaFlGuy

I think one of the magic numbers is 35.

That's the days you must have service on the rebate phone after activation to get the card. Apparently that is one of the major points they Do check up on.

I'd add a week or two to the date you get After you add 35 days to the day you told them you activated the rebate phone.

Bruce in Ocala, FL
  18. jasonzech

Hmmm. They got mine March 11th. And it still says its in final processing.
  19. 1Andrew

1Andrew Active Member

They got mine March 5th.. Same deal about final processing. :(
  20. OcalaFlGuy

Ok, let try and make this a bit more clear.

There are only 2 things/dates you need to be concerned with After you send your stuff in.

Getting an email from the Mothership that says they have your stuff and you are "scheduled for final processing". I presume this is also the email they at least tell you your stuff was rejected and give you instructions on how to find out why. It took about 10 days from when I mailed my rebate to get this.

The second is to remember the date you told them on the rebate form you Activated the rebate phone. You Should Have copies of your stuff in case it got lost in the mail! There is unclear verbiage on the rebate form that basically says you have to have service on the phone 35 days after it's activated to get the rebate. Soooo, "scheduled for final processing" really means put in the "wait to check" stack. :rolleyes: Add 35 days to the date you told them you activated the phone. THAT'S when or about they will check to be sure you're still hooked up. I'd think but don't know yet that about 2 weeks later you should have your card.

My activate date for my Spirit was 2/21. I mailed it in the same day. On 3/2 I got the email saying I was scheduled for final processing. The last time I chatted with them *I think* they said my card would go out on tax day. My 35 days ended about 5 days ago so that sounds right. I'll probably call them Mon or Tues and check to be sure.

Bruce in Ocala, FL
  21. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

don't feel bad guys they received mine on feb 15th and its still in final processing.
  22. jasonzech

That 35 day wait to check is stupid. I've been with MetroPCS for over three years and never was late once. Ok so late once or twice by one day. LoL. Oh well. Thanks for there info guys.
  23. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

I've been with them since the day they first popped up in Michigan, thats like what 6 yrs ago. anyone remember the Kyocera Strobe?
  24. OcalaFlGuy

My buddy today reminded me of another point.

You know the companies would rather you Not get the rebates, hence the hoops you have to jump thru. Apparently Metro has gotten heat in the past about their rebate handling so they now have the on-line chat n'check on it dealie.

Of course, there's nothing to say that has to actually reduce the time it takes them to get you your $. They are handing you cash back. No company Likes to do that.

Oh, and my buddy who mentioned that to me?

He works in the department that handles the rebate Software the Mothership uses. :D (At Parago)

Bruce in Ocala, FL
  25. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

I know someone that knows someone that knows someone :p