Spec that nobody is talking about...USB 3.0 BTips

1. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. twister6

twister6 Guides Guide

Good point, but as you know most of the people still prefer to use 2A wall charger rather then benefit from 900mA usb 3.0 port charging. I think the biggest benefit here is a faster file transfer since we are talking about a lot bigger picture and video files!
  3. drexappeal

Of course, twister. I definitely prefer the 2A charging over the faster data transfer. Still pretty awesome concept though. In that case, I could dedicate the USB chord for the Note 3 to the PC, and stick with the Note 8 2A charger in the wall. Faster charging on the PC would be great, especially when I'm at work.
  4. Preach2k

Preach2k Well-Known Member

What do you guys think about the Micro USB 3 port?

[​IMG]
  5. bonerp

bonerp Well-Known Member

Nice colour
  6. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

I think it's a great idea as long as the Note 3 is really backwards compatible. All of my computers predate the 2010 release of USB 3.0.
  7. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± VIP Member

Merged similar topic threads ;)
  8. dalumberjack

dalumberjack Well-Known Member

I'll post it here since its more relevant but as of today samsung still wont comment if it has a USB 3.0 port & NFC ship.

I posted this question on verizonwireless.com and Samsung support responded with this:

Hi Dalumberjack,

Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, we cannot speculate on unreleased products or specs. Thank you and have a great day!

Sincerely,

Samsung Support

Seems other questions after me about hardware are getting the same treatment. Didn't the unpacking event constitute as "releasing" it to the public or are some hardware components still undecided?
  9. Preach2k

Preach2k Well-Known Member

Here is the Bottom of the Galaxy Note 3!

[​IMG]
    Gearu likes this.
  10. Simon_Gardner

Simon_Gardner Well-Known Member

And a car charger? I'm going to need a couple of those soonest. Maybe there's a Samsung one? There's certainly a "standard" Samsung car charger.
  11. drexappeal

Why? The standard micro USB should work for charging purposes, just fine.

Look at Rob's picture. You can clearly see, they're using a single MicroUSB charger connected to the phone:

[​IMG]
  12. redpill2016

redpill2016 Well-Known Member

Samsung is not iStupid, I'm sure you'll be able to use a regular microUSB too.
  13. drexappeal

But...I can definitely see Samsung making a microUSB to USB 3.0 B adapter, just to see if people would actually purchase it...LOL. They're not Apple, but they still like making money.
  14. drexappeal

15. Simon_Gardner

I was thinking along the lines of maximum charge rate. Not all car chargers are equal.
  16. drexappeal

I see. Well, from my understanding, the advantage is mainly when plugged into a PC/Mac. Othewise, the speed/charge rate using a pre-existing 2.1A microUSB car or wall charger might even be faster than the new USB 3 B.
  17. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Well-Known Member

Isn't USB 2.0 faster than the transfer rates for most SD cards?

Is 3.0 overkill?
  18. drexappeal

That is actually a good point, but I'm not sure. Ultimately, I think the biggest advantage from having usb 3.0 is charging rate when connected to pc/mac
  19. dalegg

dalegg Active Member

I ordered several USB cables and I am wondering if I ordered the correct ones. These look too large to fit in a phone. They have the duel insert that goes into the phone end and the normal USB insert on the other end.
  20. Simon_Gardner

Mine arrived yesterday. I think you have the right one. Weird thing.
  21. Simon_Gardner

[​IMG]
    That charger plug (from the Note 3 manual).​
  22. chong67

chong67 Well-Known Member

This look like it is using the Samsung propriety plug? Not microUSB?

What is the output amp? 1 amp?

I just bought 8 USB AC adapter with 1 amp output for $3.

This make me think hard if I want to upgrade to Note 3 from my HTC One.
  23. snsjets

snsjets Well-Known Member

I believe the Note 3 has a USB 3.0 connector.
  24. Simon_Gardner

The plug is a Micro B USB so no not propriety. Amazon has a load of cables with this plug. I have one.

It is very odd.

[​IMG]
    rawhide85 likes this.
  25. rawhide85

rawhide85 Well-Known Member

Simon- Would you be so kind as to provide a link to the cables. Thank you sir.