• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Spec that nobody is talking about...USB 3.0 B

The good news is I found one. The bad news is that after I got mine ordered a few days ago, it's now listed as out of stock.

Also, the charger in the UK box is the travel charger and I've found two (in the UK) which are OEM ordinary wall chargers with the correct cable - 1.5m or 1m. They also have the more flexible cable and I actually needed a couple more wall chargers anyway.
Link 1
Link 2
[URL="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Genuine-Samsung-Charger-Protector-InventCase

Upvote 0
What's up everybody. It's been a crazy weekend for me and haven't really had time to sit down with my phone and set it up properly, but at work today, I took some time to test out certain things on USB 3.0.

Here are some things I wanted to point out:
1) USB 3.0 absolutely transfers files faster, even if using a USB 2.0 port on a computer. I took a picture (using my Photon, so excuse the grainy pic) of the transfer time for 16.5gb worth of music that I'm currently transferring to the phone and didn't have a chance to do at home. That amount of music would usually take much longer than 1 hour using a USB 2.0 micro USB. Although the placement of the "micro USB" portion of the 3.0 port is awkward on the Note 3 (slightly off center), I still feel like USB 3.0 is a welcome addition already! Oh, and when I first plugged in 1 hour ago, I was at 20% and am already at 40%, so charge rate definitely seems to be faster (even though all of my work PC's USB ports are 2.0, not 3.0).

2013-10-07_14-17-52_280.jpg

2) The Amazon USB 3.0 B cables I purchased from Amazon work absolutely perfect. I bought the 6feet 2 pack (although, as someone had pointed out before, these aren't great for use in the car, due to their bulkiness, so if someone finds a thinner form factor, please post that info up):
Amazon.com : Cable Matters 2 Pack, SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Type A to Micro-B Cable in Black 6 Feet : Electronics

Based on post #1, that's already proof that the Amazon cables work perfectly with the computer, but here's a pic of it plugged into my iSound charger with the Amazon cable:
2013-10-07_11-32-59_552.jpg

Will these 2 definitely work on the note 3 before I buy them?

(referring to the amazon link for usb 3.0 cables)

Upvote 0
Will these 2 definitely work on the note 3 before I buy them?

(referring to the amazon link for usb 3.0 cables)

Sorry, I didn't see your question till now. Yes, I use them daily at home and work. The pics I showed, you can see the charging icon (when connected to an external battery charger) and you can see the screenshot of it being used with the PC, transferring data.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Standard Micro-USB units work just fine.

I've got a couple USB chargers plugged into electrical outlets throughout my house with OEM Motorola Micro-cables from my Droid Bionic. They charge my Note 3 just fine and Current Widget shows a 1.0 mA charge rate.

I picked up a couple Samsung OEM Micro-USB 3.0 cables on Amazon just to have a few around.

My Motorola OEM car chargers seem to charge my Note 3, but for some reason Current Widget shows a 0mA charge rate. I know they work though, because yesterday I plugged my phone in with like 30% charge and by the time I got to my destination it was up to a full charge.

Reactions: dustwun77
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones